PDA

View Full Version : Succeeded in making my own section

Security_Man2k
July 20th, 2019, 04:03 AM
Hi,

Just wanted to share that I have managed to make my own section and it fits the pen I made really well. Let me know what you think.

https://i.imgur.com/3DHQksb.jpg

Chrissy
July 20th, 2019, 05:28 AM
I think it looks great. :)

SIR
July 20th, 2019, 06:52 AM
Good work - very nice!

calamus
July 20th, 2019, 03:13 PM
I love that it's the same material as the barrel!

Security_Man2k
July 21st, 2019, 05:24 AM
I love that it's the same material as the barrel!

It's actually the part which was cut off the end of the blank when sizing/shaping the barrel.

SIR
July 21st, 2019, 06:33 AM
Looking at the quality of finish, the taste in different yet stylish materials, and the ability to develop new skill-sets - i think this guy will go far, and looking at the standard of just a few recent offerings, the likes of Edison and Franklin Christoph may very soon have some formidable competition!

One suggestion though - in the long term, accommodating JoWo nibs rather than Bock will probably be a better proposition.

Security_Man2k
July 21st, 2019, 07:33 AM
Looking at the quality of finish, the taste in different yet stylish materials, and the ability to develop new skill-sets - i think this guy will go far, and looking at the standard of just a few recent offerings, the likes of Edison and Franklin Christoph may very soon have some formidable competition!

Thank you very much for this, it will be a long time before I am at that skill level, i've only been doing this six months.

One suggestion though - in the long term, accommodating JoWo nibs rather than Bock will probably be a better proposition.

This is something I am looking into. I want to expand my offering and it is the first thing I intend to do once my workshop is built and i have a lathe.

azkid
July 27th, 2019, 10:53 AM
Looking good!