PDA

View Full Version : Field Testing the New TWSBI Notebook

inky_artist
June 4th, 2013, 11:13 AM
A few observations, some writing samples, a drawing or two (and a few unanswered questions) regarding TWSBI's new foray into the world of paper and journals.

http://earnestward.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-penmens-journals-twsbi.html

TSherbs
June 4th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Checked out the blog entry. Thorough! Thanks! (most thorough review I have seen of these to date.

southpaw52
June 4th, 2013, 12:49 PM
A great very through review. It is always great hear about fp friendly notebooks.

fountainpenkid
June 4th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the great review! I fear it might be too smudgy for my interest.

Heliotrope
June 4th, 2013, 06:14 PM
I've been looking forward to the TWSBI notebooks because it was advertised that they would open flat. I have delayed buying one, however, because I read an early review that reported ink feathering. Thanks for being specific about what inks you tested and for the photos!

From the look of the spine in your photo, it seems that the notebook should open completely flat, very easily. It looks like the spine on the Midori stitched notebooks, which are my favorite notebooks at the moment. I'm left handed, and I find the narrow pages on many smaller notebooks to provide a ridiculously small number of words per line. I very often turn the notebook so that the left-hand edge (the 5.5 inch edge, for example in a 3.5 x 5.5 notebook) is the top, with the spine horizontal in the middle of the writing area. The Goulet's have placed my favorite Midori notebook on closeout, so the TWSBI notebook may have come along at just the right time.

Susan3141
June 6th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Excellent review, Earnest. Very enjoyable to read and I love your sketches.

earthdawn
June 6th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Great review on your blog :clap2:

Looks like a good notebook with excellent ink taking ability.

Thanks for taking the time and sharing that with us.