PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: 1942 Parker 51 Heirloom Fountain Pen and Pencil Set - 14K solid gold - Restored

DrPenfection
August 4th, 2019, 01:27 PM
For Sale - 1942 Parker 51 "Heirloom" Fountain Pen and Pencil Set with solid 14K gold caps, nib and furnishings.

This set has been professionally restored by Danny Fudge of The Write Pen, a recognized Parker restoration professional.

The set was purchased by my father-in-law in April 1942 and given to his father-in-law – my husband’s grandfather - for Father's Day that year. My husband’s grandfather was a well-known attorney in Long Island, New York and loved fountain pens. He also loved gold and had several solid gold pencils as well. Following the bombing of Pearl Harbor in December 1941, my father-in-law purchased the pen set, gave it to my husband's grandfather with a note just before he shipped out to Hawaii the following April. My husband’s grandfather treasured this set because it was a precious last gift given to him by his son-in-law who went off to fight in WWII. He used the pen and pencil all through the days he practiced law in New York and gave it back to my father-in-law before he passed away. We still have the original note that my father-in-law wrote in 1942.

I am not a Parker 51 pen expert, but I have read that the production of this set was very limited due to the luxury of the set. With the onset of the United States' entry into WWII, production of the set was discontinued in late 1942/early 1943. According to Mr. Fudge, the pen was manufactured in 1942 because of the imprinted"2" next to the "Parker 51" on the barrel below the ring.

This is part of my mother-in-law’s estate and, sadly, must be sold and the proceeds distributed to the heirs.

Price: $1,800.00. We will consider other reasonable offers. The price includes shipping within the continental United States. For international buyers, please PM me for additional shipping cost.

Paypal only, please.

ITEM HAS BEEN SOLD.