PDA

View Full Version : 1930's Waterman's Steel Quartz 3V Frankenpen

Sagebrush64
August 5th, 2019, 02:22 AM
I'm going through my collection and making room for new additions. All the pens that I am offering today are duplicates that need to find a new home.

1930's Waterman's Steel Quartz 3V fountain pen with a what I believe is a matching Thoroughbred cap (see clip) in absolutely beautifully restored condition. The cap fits the body securely. This celluloid is not one of the more common colors and my pictures really don't do it justice, also please excuse the lint...

Professionally restored to working order. Thoroughly cleaned inside and out. The #2 Account nib was knocked out, gently cleaned, polished and tuned, the feed was cleaned and a new sac has been installed.

There is a small amount of brassing on the clip and lever and a small defect to the bottom of the barrel. The imprint is sharp and clear.

I dipped the nib in Montblanc Royal Blue for the writing sample. The nib is a #2 14kt. accountant nib which delivers an smooth ultra extra fine line and is very stiff with no line variation observed.

All in all, a lovely little vest pen that will make any collection proud!

Shipping included anywhere within CONUS only. No international buyers please, including Canada

Asking $75

Thanks for looking!

Sagebrush64
August 25th, 2019, 08:08 PM
:bump2: bump