PDA

View Full Version : Joe Rogan 'chats' w/ Bernie Sanders

SIR
August 15th, 2019, 12:57 AM
got a lot of respect for Bernie, barring his stance on gun rights... but anyway, i'm sure y'all weren't figuring on this happening, so pleased to share;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O-iLk1G_ng

dneal
August 16th, 2019, 10:15 AM
Bernie has always been a useless hypocrite, offering "free" snake oil that somebody else will have to pay for.

manoeuver
September 11th, 2019, 08:49 AM
Thank goodness we have these long form interviews with candidates available. Highly recommended, especially if you do not support a candidate.

dneal
September 11th, 2019, 09:22 AM
Aside from his hypocrisy when it comes to his own wealth... The thing that aggravates me about Bernie is that he's generally correct and candid on many important subjects, but the parts that he gets wrong eliminate him from my consideration. I agree that the political power of big corporations, and their ability to buy congressmen is an incredible cause for concern; but Bernie goes on to begrudge them their profits (as opposed to what they do with them) and starts blabbering about "the working man".

Bernie knows nothing about the working man (since he's never been one), and is astonishingly ignorant about how capitalism (and those evil corporations) has raised the standard of living to the point that even our "poor" are morbidly obese and have cars, cellphones and TVs (not to mention electricity and running water). He would inadvertently destroy that system in some quest to provide free everything for everybody.

SIR
September 12th, 2019, 03:21 AM
Aside from his hypocrisy when it comes to his own wealth... The thing that aggravates me about Bernie is that he's generally correct and candid on many important subjects, but the parts that he gets wrong eliminate him from my consideration. I agree that the political power of big corporations, and their ability to buy congressmen is an incredible cause for concern; but Bernie goes on to begrudge them their profits (as opposed to what they do with them) and starts blabbering about "the working man".

Bernie knows nothing about the working man (since he's never been one), and is astonishingly ignorant about how capitalism (and those evil corporations) has raised the standard of living to the point that even our "poor" are morbidly obese and have cars, cellphones and TVs (not to mention electricity and running water). He would inadvertently destroy that system in some quest to provide free everything for everybody.

My sentiments exactly and succinctly!

calamus
September 12th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Mine as well.