PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Columbus, Ohio

Adunaye
June 5th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Some how I have fallen into the rabbit hole of fountain pen Geekdom. I have always loved pens and stationary but it has only been in recent months that I have started trying out new pens and learning about fountain pens. I started out listing to "The Pen Addict" podcast and learned about fountain pen geeks from them. At first I was kind of afraid to listen to Fountain Pen Geeks because I thought it would be to sophisticated for me to understand. To my surprise the podcast is really entertaining (no offense). I am now working on listening to every podcast I can find so I can catch up on everything I have missed and learn all I can.

Thank you for starting this forum, the blog, FPTv, InCoWrimo, and everything else you do to encourage people to use pen and paper and go bankrupt buying Fountain Pens.

I am looking forward to attending my first Pen Show in Columbus in November where I hope to meet some of the nice people I have heard on the podcast and many more.

Ciao

fountainpenkid
June 5th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Welcome!

cwent2
June 5th, 2013, 04:36 PM
:welcome:

Tracy Lee
June 5th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Welcome! Just plain old folk here with lots of knowledge, but I daresay you won't be put off with much overt sophistication! :)

Greg Minuskin
June 5th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Welcome! You will find the folks here on the FP Geeks really fun, and friendly.

If there is something I can do for you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin
www.gregminuskin.com
greg@gregminuskin.com

thagbert
June 5th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Welcome to FP Geeks! We will be your enablers today!

cedargirl
June 6th, 2013, 01:21 AM
You are most welcome here.

jor412
June 6th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Hello :)

Adunaye
June 6th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Awww! Thank you all for the kind words. I am excited to be a part of this community.

KrazyIvan
June 6th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Welcome to the forum and enjoy!

DGG
June 6th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Welcome! I'm a new member too. Great to have you here!

caribbean_skye
June 10th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Welcome welcome.

manoeuver
June 10th, 2013, 04:14 PM
welcome! we'll chat here and I'll see you in November!

Nomdeplume
June 10th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Beware the contagion! So much fun!

snedwos
June 10th, 2013, 04:21 PM
I plan on Ohio being my first pen show too! Any word on dates yet?

Adunaye
June 13th, 2013, 01:40 PM
I plan on Ohio being my first pen show too! Any word on dates yet?

I hear it is always the second weekend in November which would be Nov 8-10 if it starts on a Friday and ends on a Sunday but there is nothing up on the Ohio Pen show site yet.

Sailor Kenshin
June 13th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Welcome aboard! I LOVED Columbus back in the day.

jfsisler
June 13th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Welcome! We're a crazy group here - or at least, I'm not normal;) Can't speak for everyone else. Well, I'm normal for an FPGeek anyway (just ask Azizah!) The FPTv is a great resource and a lot of fun to listen to, and Incowrimo has given me more letters in 4 months than I've probably ever gotten. Pen/paper/ink addiction...gotta love it:D

Adunaye
June 14th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Thank you. I've joined forums before but I just lurked on them. This is the first forum I've been active in. Everyone is so nice on here. I'm looking forward to Columbus. I was thinking about reaching out to the Ohio Show Organizer to see if I could help in anyway with the pen show because I want to learn as much about Pens as possible and I figure it would be a great way to really meet fellow pen people. Especially since acquisition of pens right now is a very slow process.

I know of one person sending me mail through incowrimo/year. I am excited to see if others are sending me mail that I will just be surprised by. I think this forum combined with listening to the FPtv Podcasts and the Anderson's podcast it really gives one the feeling of being part of a really close knit group of people and I really like that about this group of people so far.

manoeuver
June 14th, 2013, 02:34 PM
have you been to Jack Price's shop in Clintonville? it's a wreck but worth a visit just for the experience.

Adunaye
June 14th, 2013, 02:50 PM
No I haven't. What is the name of the shop? I don't know really where to look for stuff locally. I have seen a few antique shops that I want to go in and look at but I don't really know places to visit that are not on the interwebs. I'll definitely look him up though. Thanks!

manoeuver
June 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM
I think it's called 'vintage fountain pens' or somesuch. It's on the West side of High Street in between the Kroger and the Donato's.