PDA

View Full Version : Sailor 1911 Profit - my baby is home again!

BikerBabe
June 6th, 2013, 02:47 PM
Hi guys.

A few months ago I sent the cap from my Sailor 1911 off for repairs in Sweden, and today I received the cap again.
The reason it took so long, was that the cap had to be sent off to Japan to have the clip replaced.
Normally the pen sports a blank, no-frills clip, now it has been replaced with a nice "grooved" one.
And I am totally chuffed, because I love this pen.
It writes like a dream, it looks great, and it was cheap.
I found it in a box with used ballpoint pens at a flea market, and I only had to pay 10 dkk for it. :jaw:
According to user Titan at FPN, who wrote and asked the Sailor Pen Company, it is an old model called "Profit", which was an affordable Sailor 1911.
Production began in Dec. 1989, and continued for two years.
The pen was sold in Spain and Italy only, so how it ended up here in Denmark is a bit of a mystery.
Maybe some danish businessman bought one sometime and brought it home, I don't know.

But anyway, my baby is home, and I'm happy. :)

Tracy Lee
June 6th, 2013, 06:44 PM
{Low whistle} Lovely nib!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

earthdawn
June 6th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Nice to have it home Im sure.

Beautiful pen and a gorgeous nib. :thumb:

CapeClear
June 7th, 2013, 02:08 AM
What a great find. One of the reasons I prefer older pens is because they come with stories of their own. Of course we don't always know what the story is but sometimes that's half the fun. Perhaps somewhere along the way the pen lost its owner or vice versa but to fall into the hands of a true pen lover along the way. It still writes on.

john
June 15th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Wow, you can always find the treasure at the flea market. The nib of your Sailor is looking better than my 1911 profit.

Raysclim
June 15th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Wow, the nib is super nice! My profit nib is different.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

chiaroscuro
June 17th, 2013, 04:33 AM
Very nice. I like that engraving on the nib more than the current version. I recommend filling the converter directly with a syringe to avoid corrosion in the section ring, like the Montblanc 144.