PDA

View Full Version : Does using a fountain pen make boring tasks more Bearable?

Shangas
March 15th, 2010, 11:50 PM
We all have boring stuff that we have to write out...

University assignments, school assignments, work reports, forms that need filling in, letters to in-laws inviting them over for dinner.

Do you find that having a nice fountain pen to write stuff out with, makes the task feel less of a chore and bore? Sometims I think I do. I'd be more prone to wanting to write something out, even if it's boring as hell, if I have a nice pen to do it with.

eriquito
March 16th, 2010, 10:58 AM
http://fpgeeks.com/ec/images/FPUse.jpg

penspouse
April 13th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Ditto

Kelly G
April 13th, 2010, 04:47 PM
But of course!

Bucolic Buffalo
April 15th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Definitely!

JohnCruzNg
April 19th, 2010, 11:20 PM
That is the hardship of using a fountain pen. I actually started writing a journal because my fountain pens not being used to fill their full potential.

donwinn
April 20th, 2010, 05:55 AM
I use a fountain pen on any and all paperwork I do, so any and all paperwork I do becomes enjoyable. It also can be a conversation starter, since when I pull out my 46 Vacumatic, invariably, people will comment "What a cool pen!" or "Nice pen!".

Donnie

Ernst Bitterman
April 20th, 2010, 09:15 AM
I'd have to try using some other kind of pen to have a basis of comparison. I decline to do so.

Tortoise
April 20th, 2010, 04:45 PM
It makes everything done with a pen more fun, and certainly adds pleasure to the task of grading papers!

PMS
April 20th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Always!
PMS

SMK
April 24th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Yup. No doubt about it.

Bourgeoisie
April 25th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Yes! Nothing is worse than typing an 8 page Thales paper out...

I have always written out my papers longhand before typing them - I have trouble gathering my thoughts when speeding away on the keyboard. And writing my papers out beforehand has an added bonus - it makes me proof it =D

SProctor
April 26th, 2010, 02:55 PM
I would say that utilizing a fountain pen to write adds much enjoyment to nearly everything... even signing a credit card receipt!

liapuyat
June 10th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I write faster with a fountain pen and I am motivated by ink color :)

countrydirt
June 12th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I have used my fountain pens to sign real estate contracts and closing documents, write letters to family and friends, address invitations, complete school paperwork, write checks and keep a journal. I don't know what I would do without my fountain pens - they do make writing more enjoyable.

JustDaveyB
March 21st, 2012, 03:59 AM

What ink is that Eric?

writingrav
March 21st, 2012, 06:34 AM
Without a doubt! First you have to determine the correct pen for the project, the appropriate nib, and the right color. Then let the fun begin!

John the Monkey
March 21st, 2012, 08:05 AM
I just wrote a shopping list, trying to get the Ahab to full flex on the down strokes.

FrankS
March 22nd, 2012, 03:07 PM
How did you get that effect???

FrankS
March 22nd, 2012, 03:10 PM
Yes, it certainly does! I especially use a fountain pen when I have the time to write out my thoughts before putting them on the computer. I must think more clearly!

fountainpenkid
March 22nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
Of Course! It makes everything from math sheets to history hw more fun! I will find myself drawing, writing and doing everythuing neater when I use a FP!

Tracy Lee
March 24th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I sit in some of the longest meetings known to man. I take notes and find that using my pens spark little related "notes to self" in the margins on various issues so I can go back and address them later. I love that my nibs and ink colors help me differentiate along the way, and I don't have to write in a straight line. Up the side of the page, etc. :)Every six months I scan my notes to store on my computer and I LOVE seeing them on the computer that way, too.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

@penfancy
March 25th, 2012, 08:19 AM
I write faster with a fountain pen and I am motivated by ink color :)

I know that feeling! I keep four or five inked at all times for variance.

eriquito
March 25th, 2012, 03:09 PM
What ink is that Eric?

Hey JustDaveyB! That's Visconti Sepia - one of my favorites =)

eriquito
March 25th, 2012, 03:26 PM
How did you get that effect???

Hi FrankS! To which effect do you refer?