PDA

View Full Version : EBay and the price of Montblanc Ink

Paul-H
June 7th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Hi guys

What's going on with the price of Montblanc in on eBay.

Now that I have a 149 on the way I thought it might be a good idea to get some propper Montblank ink for it, after all it would be rude not to.

Had a quick on on eBay uk and everyone selling their ink was asking for £17.99 or higher for the 60ml shoe bottle or even higher.

I suppose I was expecting that until I checked the price the Montblanc are selling it for and was surprised to see they are asking £11 for the same size bottle, so what's with all the eBay sellers.

Just a heads up for anyone looking to buy and normally looking to eBay as a first port of call for such things.

And I found there is a Montblanc shop only five miles from where I live as well, so will be paying them a visit for ink from now on.

Paul

tandaina
June 7th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Yeah, don't buy from eBay. For those in the US there is an ink shop that sells through Amazon that carries MB ink, I got my Winterglow from them for a very reasonable price. I've got no boutiques near me so it was the best option.

Chemyst
June 7th, 2013, 07:07 PM
On a related note, the MB refills (refills.montblanc.com) shop has been "undergoing maintenance" for months now. Has there been any word from MB corporate on whether it is ever coming back online?

wastelanded
June 8th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Last summer I bought two bottles of MB ink from an Amazon retailer for $18.99 each, not bad. The next week the price jumped to $31.99!

The MB boutique in Toronto charges $17.99.

CS388
June 8th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Hi Paul-H.

Yeah, go to the shop every time, if you can.
Real stuff at real prices. Easy on the wallet, easy on the mind.

Enjoy.

Edited to add. Not often could I call Montblanc 'easy on the wallet' - but the inks are still a good value, quality product.

earthdawn
June 9th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Ebay is so hit or miss with Mont Blanc ink...

I have seen Hitchcock ink go for over $50 a bottle when retailers still had it for $20

And I have scored 2 bottles for $25 lol .. got a bottle of W. German Bordeaux & Turquoise. They were 95% full

I like mango pudding
June 9th, 2013, 02:00 AM
our bricks and mortar pen stores here sell them for 17 bucks. no way ebay

ChrisC
June 14th, 2013, 12:24 AM
I usually buy mine from FPH or Montgomery pens. Shipping is around 3-6 dollars and the ink is usually around 17. It supports a B&M store that I otherwise couldn't support through buying pens. (college student with limited funds)

It also ensures that I get a genuine product. When I happen to be in NYC, I'll swing by FPH, but between the subway, bus across the GWB, and the devotion of what usually turns into a whole day trip, shipping is usually cheaper.

a little side story...I told one of the FPH guys about how people will actually purchase empty MB bottles, even going as far as buying the MB ink and pouring the ink down the drain just to keep the bottle. Still not sure if that FPN poster was serious or just kidding. In any case, the FPH employee seemed surprised. I asked if they had any I could buy, but he said they just throw them out.

Jon Szanto
June 14th, 2013, 12:36 AM
I asked if they had any I could buy, but he said they just throw them out.