PDA

View Full Version : Wancher Customer Service Inquiry

CJG
September 7th, 2019, 06:03 AM
I just received from Wancher a vintage pen that Wancher sold as restored. It was part of their recent sale of restored vintage pens. It arrived with the clip mounted crookedly. Images below. I emailed Wancher immediately addressed to "info@wancher.com," the address from which I have received several emails from Wancher about this purchase and otherwise. It is the email offered for contact at the Wancher web site. It has been two days with no reply. Perhaps I should use a different address. Does anyone have a better contact? TIA for your assistance. 4947849479

FredRydr
September 7th, 2019, 06:57 AM
Unless the clip was not manufactured to fit that pen, it appears to be a minor issue.

Loosen the clip, align it, tighten it.

CJG
September 7th, 2019, 07:08 AM
It seems rather securely attached. Other than brute force, is their a safe way to loosen it?

Chrissy
September 7th, 2019, 10:20 AM
If it was a Parker, the jewel in the top would unscrew then the clip would come off. If that jewel should unscrew then you would need to use something slightly tacky like rubber to push onto it and unscrew it.

CJG
September 10th, 2019, 06:28 AM
I heard from Wancher. They think maybe I should just accept the crooked clip as is because it is a "vintage feature" and, after all, their artisans are so, so careful:

First of all, I would like to say sorry for this matter. Our pen artisans have been checking and restoring the pen very carefully before passing it on to you.
It is unfortunate to hear that you have not received it in a good condition as you expected.
For this matter, you can accept the pen as a vintage feature which might underline a story from the previous owner or you can also send it back to us for warranty if you are not happy with it.

FredRydr
September 10th, 2019, 06:38 AM
I heard from Wancher. They think maybe I should just accept the crooked clip as is because it is a "vintage feature" and, after all, their artisans are so, so careful:"...you can accept the pen as a vintage feature which might underline a story from the previous owner...."
Urban dictionary definition: "chutzpah." Chutzpah amounts to a total denial of personal responsibility, that renders others speechless and incredulous, one cannot quite believe that another person totally lacks common human traits like remorse, regret, guilt, sympathy and insight.

kazoolaw
September 10th, 2019, 08:59 AM
... or you can also send it back to us for warranty if you are not happy with it.

Sounds like a solid warranty.