PDA

View Full Version : Pen & Ink sketch - Anyone Familiar with it

writingrav
June 7th, 2013, 05:46 PM
3321I stumbled upon this pen today, One & Ink Sketch appears to be the company name, it comes with cartridges and converter and a suede carry case. Haven't inked, but will later. Wondered if anyone knows anything about it. $18.00!

mhguda
June 7th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Nice looking pen, nice packaging, ,good price. What more do we want? Enjoy!

cedargirl
June 8th, 2013, 12:14 AM
Cool. Nice sketching nib?

pencils+pens
June 8th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Stephen Brown's review of the pen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZrQpI5_TrY).

Rollo the Cat
June 8th, 2013, 10:28 AM
3321I stumbled upon this pen today, One & Ink Sketch appears to be the company name, it comes with cartridges and converter and a suede carry case. Haven't inked, but will later. Wondered if anyone knows anything about it. $18.00!

I have a love-hate relationship with this pen. If you get a well made one, you are ok. But the quality control is a bit weak. I have a thread on the repair section -"When Ink Flow Just Stops"-detailing my latest hate relationship with this pen. The nib section is defective somehow and I had to toss it. So replacement nibs are available cheap--3-6 dollars, but still, it is frustrating.

The pens are very dry out of the box. I have always had to widen then tines. Any other tweak or repair is very difficult as the nib and section are one unit and absolutely do not come apart.

When it works, it sketches great for a cheap pen. When it works, that is. The nib gives a bit too much feedback for me to write with all the time. That is a personal matter, but sketching is great.

Yes, the line variation is there. Not a real flex pen though.

Go for it and cross your fingers.