PDA

View Full Version : For SIR - Thomas Sowell

dneal
September 12th, 2019, 07:08 PM
Not knowing whether or not you’re familiar with one of America’s preeminent economists, here is a link (https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLKruweaZqDNcTAPb0nBqGx-Ekl9k9ns-V) to several discussions with Dr. Thomas Sowell. I think many are particularly relevant to a lot of the questions you’ve been contemplating (based on the threads you’ve started).

I also selected one particular video I think still describes the problems of today’s political battlefields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyufeHJlodE

SIR
September 13th, 2019, 01:52 AM
Oh ok, thanks!

TBlech
November 16th, 2020, 09:54 AM
The most interesting thing about this man is that no one had heard of him until President Obama came on the scene. Once that happened old white republicans "discovered" the good doctor and he became a household name. I find it curious...

dneal
November 16th, 2020, 04:51 PM
The most interesting thing about this man is that no one had heard of him until President Obama came on the scene. Once that happened old white republicans "discovered" the good doctor and he became a household name. I find it curious...

That's laughably ridiculous, and merely demonstrates your own ignorance. He's been on the public stage since the Reagan era, and even testified at the Bork nomination. He was a prolific writer for decades, has impeccable academic credentials, and was often featured on TV (usually with Milton Friedman and William F. Buckley).

RNHC
November 19th, 2020, 01:47 PM

You must be kidding. How could you not have heard of Thomas Sowell? I don't consider myself well informed or read but even I have heard of Thomas Sowell.

Chuck Naill
November 30th, 2020, 04:42 AM
Oh yes, Thomas Sowell is well known. His personal history is an inspiration.