PDA

View Full Version : Rotring, Pelikan, Waterman, Taccia, Ero and Recife

jjlax10
June 8th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Up for sale a few goodies, including a large chunk of my Rotring collection. Shipping in the United States is included by first class with delivery confirmation. International is extra. All items shipped internationally are sold as is. I am happy to answer any questions, so feel free to contact me. For items I have not used, I have not tested them but believe they are in sound condition based on the representations of the vendor I purchased them from. I apologize for the mixed quality of the photos.

Now enough business, here are the pens:

Due to the limitations for posting photos, the Rotring sale is posted here (http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/2929-Rotrings-this-is-the-actual-sale?p=34520#post34520).

5) Recife Fountain Pen. Know all those Indian pens like Wality and Airmail that are somewhat small? Wish they were bigger and better constructed? Well, here is your answer. Please note, however, that there is a medal piece that holds the section in the barrel, which will affect the ability to use the pen as an eyedropper. The bottom of the barrel is sealed though. I bought this pen used, cleaned it, and wrote with Sheaffer Black Skrip in it. Very nice, red marble, medium steel nib. The barrel has a couple of scuffs where the previous owner posted it. $50. NOW $45.

6) Blue Ero Pen. This is a German piston filler. Clear blue plastic, gold plated steel nib. As you can see from the group photo, it is similar in size to the Phileas. I have never wrote with this pen, but the piston will fill. Sold.

7) Waterman Phileas. A truly great pen. Blue marble, medium steel nib. I used this pen in a trial where I was taking furious notes and was impressed by it. Who knows, if I become a famous trial attorney, you will get a nice halo effect on the value. I used a burgundy Noodler's swish mix which stained the converter and the nib. Sold.

8) Taccia Staccato in Wood Grain Ebonite. If you can accept the problems described herein, you will get a bargain. First, I bought this pen knowing the ebonite is faded. The seller said they applied Rennaissance Wax, and I am happy to do another application if you want. I also noticed that the nib had some springiness, and was flexing it. Unfortunately, this gave the nib a very slight bent. It sill writes, and is not sprung, but may benefit from an adjustment. That being said, it is hard to find this pen, and at a reasonable price. Sold.

9) Pelikan M150 Fountain Pen and Ballpoint in Black and Grey. I have not used this pen set, but always planned to. Very elegant color combination, and I believe discontinued. Unfortunately, the photo does not depict the color well $80. ON HOLD

10) Pelikan M150 Fountain Pen Old Style in Burgundy. I bought this one from Akiva Goron, who I believed has passed. This has the domed cap which is the "old style." I have not used this pen. A great pen for someone who likes a pen on the smaller side and wants to try a somewhat vintage Pelikan. $60. ON HOLD

heraclitus682
June 8th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I want the Waterman. PM sent.

jjlax10
June 14th, 2013, 04:59 PM
The Taccia and Waterman Phileas are sold.

jjlax10
February 9th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Bump

jjlax10
February 9th, 2014, 08:48 PM
The Pelikans are on hold pending payment.

Recife is reduced to $45.

jjlax10
February 10th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Pelikans are sold.