PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Liquidation sale - Part 1

Empty_of_Clouds
September 26th, 2019, 11:18 PM
https://i.imgur.com/3q36051l.jpg

1. An Evans's 200 in woodgrain ebonite. This is an oversize, lever filling pen that has been fitted with a 14k Sheaffer two-tone nib. The trim shows considerable brassing, but in my opinion this lends additional character to an already lovely pen.

2. A Bexley Prometheus in smoke acrylic. At the time of purchase I was under the impression that this was an experimental material . Either way, it now seems that this model is discontinued and one in this material will be very hard to find. C/C converter included, and fitted with Bexley's scripted #6 Jowo nib in fine width.

3. A Parker 51 vacumatic in navy grey and with a fine gold nib. The filling system was overhauled earlier this year. The colour of this is, according to an expert, comparatively rare (see post #66 HERE (https://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/27367-Parker-51-availability?p=263139)) SEARCHING FOR A RECIPIENT, PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THIS

4 & 5. Two English Parker Duofolds (I believe). One is a button filler, the other an aerometric squeeze affair. In working condition. Both are distinctly user grade, but it's the nibs that will attract here. Each comes with what appears to be a factory stub. SEARCHING FOR A RECIPIENT, PLEASE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT THIS.

https://i.imgur.com/pfiNaEFl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8w8vKsNl.jpg

Any questions, please ask.

Important stuff

For the Parker 51 and the two Duofolds, I request payment of $14 for shipping only.

Empty_of_Clouds
September 30th, 2019, 09:57 PM
The nature of this post has been altered.

katerchen
September 30th, 2019, 10:24 PM
[No, not throwing my name into the hat]

That's pretty awesome of you.

-k

Empty_of_Clouds
September 30th, 2019, 11:50 PM
Not really.

Since returning from holiday I've been confined with pneumonia, and it felt pretty dire. Just starting the slow road to recovery now, but still finding it hard to breathe if I put any exertion into anything, and I have had a fair amount of time to think about how cheerless my involvement with fountain pens and the FP community has largely been. So, I have these pens, all pretty second rate stuff as is usual for me, that quite frankly I think would be better suited in other hands. Selling pains me, too many obligations. So, I give them away.

silverlifter
October 1st, 2019, 12:00 AM
Hope you recover quickly. I had pneumonia five or six years ago and I understand now why it was literally called "the captain of the death of men" back in the day.

PM'ed.

Bold2013
October 1st, 2019, 11:22 AM
Lord be with EoC and give him a speedy recovery.

calamus
October 1st, 2019, 02:12 PM
I've had pneumonia twice. It is not fun. I remember it felt like I was never going to get better, especially the first time, when I was struck by the viral variety. I was on my back for over a month.

Anyway, I hope you don't give away all your pens -- there must be at least one or two that you somewhat enjoy using, and once you're feeling better physically and that cloud of gloom has dissipated, you will very likely be quite thankful that you kept whichever ones you did.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2Foriginals%2Fea%2F3a%2Fe4%2Fea3ae4 3bafe6ab25014fe1b6ceaf2e23.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Empty_of_Clouds
October 1st, 2019, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the well-wishing. It is appreciated. I am trying do some desk work but it's not as easy as it sounds, and there are episodes were I just feel like I'm checking out. Doc's today. She was considering hospitalisation, even though I am in the recovery stage (apparently), because I am so isolated here. Kind of for safety.

catbert
October 1st, 2019, 08:47 PM
Sorry to hear you've been unwell, EoC. Here's to a speedy recovery.

If you do go to hospital, consider taking a pen with a copper section for the antimicrobial properties ...

Radonactionservices
October 1st, 2019, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know how to delete the last two entries so the photos don’t show? I’m sorry I posted these photos which subtracted from the topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverlifter
October 1st, 2019, 11:08 PM
Does anyone know how to delete the last two entries so the photos don’t show? I’m sorry I posted these photos which subtracted from the topic.

You can edit your posts and remove the images...

Chrissy
October 2nd, 2019, 12:50 AM

Click on "Edit post" on your own post and you can delete it altogether by clicking on "Delete post" then confirming by checking the box on the right hand side.

You can edit or delete your posts forever. You may have to "Go Advanced" in order to do either.

luoruita
October 2nd, 2019, 02:46 AM
Hope you recover quickly...

PM sent.

Radonactionservices
October 2nd, 2019, 07:15 AM
Thanks for helping me edit my posts. So funny to see my old Waterman on EofC’s post. I’m rather new to this site so still learning.

Chrissy
October 2nd, 2019, 07:25 AM
Thanks for helping me edit my posts. So funny to see my old Waterman on EofC’s post. I’m rather new to this site so still learning.

You can actually go back and delete the whole post. Rather than keeping a post that says "Oops wrong picture" when there is no picture on the post

Sailor Kenshin
October 2nd, 2019, 08:19 AM
Here's to a speedy recovery, EOC.

ethernautrix
October 2nd, 2019, 11:44 AM
Geez. That sounds awful. I hope you feel better soon.

As for the pens... you could always give them away tomorrow. No need to make decisions when you're feeling so unwell.

Take care of you first.

azkid
October 2nd, 2019, 12:05 PM
Hope your recovery is speedy, EoC. Pneumonia sucks big time. :(

AzJon
October 2nd, 2019, 12:12 PM
A shame to hand off such a lovely set of pens.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Radonactionservices
October 2nd, 2019, 07:32 PM

You can actually go back and delete the whole post. Rather than keeping a post that says "Oops wrong picture" when there is no picture on the post

Wasn’t able to delete but was able to blank. Thanks.

Empty_of_Clouds
October 3rd, 2019, 01:41 AM
A shame to hand off such a lovely set of pens.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

Thanks, still quite poorly alas.

It's just old pens, nothing exciting.

This thread is now closed because it is no longer a sale thread.