PDA

View Full Version : SOLD Ob Nib Pelika M400: Near Mint, Special Green Metallic-Like Binde

pasenow
October 8th, 2019, 05:37 AM
I am selling my M400 old style with an oblique broad nib and a W-Germany imprint. The pen is in almost mint condition.

The pen comes with an out-of-production OB nib which is very smooth. Unlike today’s Pelikan Broads this is a much finer Broad, allowing you to use it for everyday notes and journaling (one of the reasons I love this OB -see the comparison with an M400 M ). It offers slight line variation of a stubbish character but (unlike 1950s Bs) I wouldn’t call this a stub. I think the effect of this line variation is visible in daily writing however but that might be because of my own hand-writing. Of course, the OB is perfect for those who rotate their pens to the left. In my opinion one of the nicest Pelikan nibs I know.

It features a rather special barrel which I haven’t seen very often with a green binde of a blueish metallic tinge which changes according to light and angle. I don’t think I managed to capture the color properly but at your request I can offer more pics. It is one of my favorite greens because of its odd metallic luster, very different from the modern style uniform binde.

More pictures and writing sample here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHyj2Lm

Price: I am selling this for a 145 USD hoping I might find a buyer as soon as possible (urgent financial need) as both the binde and the OB are hard to get by.
Shipping: usually 15 USD tracked, non-insured but it also depends on your country (takes 2-3 days for Europe, 4-5 days for CONUS, and around 6 days for the rest of the world.)