PDA

View Full Version : FPtv 74 - Pen Repair Do's and Don'ts! Live Broadcast: 8am PDT Saturday, 8 June 2013

dannzeman
June 9th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Join Fountain Pen Geeks for a live broadcast / recording of our upcoming FPGeeks Podcast.

Hosts: Azizah Asgarali, Stephen Brown, Brian & Lisa Anderson

Live Broadcast: Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 8:00am Pacific
We'll banter. We'll brag. We'll gawk.

We might even touch on an interesting topic or two, like pen repair do's and don'ts! If you have questions for Brian please leave them in the comments below and we'll try to answer them. Please keep in mind that this won't be a how-to guide for repairing specific pens, but a general guideline for good practices to follow during pen repairs.

Brian will be able to answer questions regarding repairs of Vacumatics, Snorkels, Touchdowns, lever fillers, button fillers, nib straightening, some safeties and possibly a few others. Please hold onto your questions regarding pistons or Sheaffer Vac Fillers for another show.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0uz3znYDxek" height="449" width="798" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Contact Us:
email: podcast@fpgeeks.com
phone: 415-685-GEEK (4335)
twitter: twitter.com/fpgeeks
facebook: facebook.com/fpgeeks
web: fpgeeks.com
forum: fpgeeks.com/forum

Mailing Address:
Fountain Pen Geeks
PO Box 728
Ankeny, IA 50021

raven
June 9th, 2013, 05:56 PM
I was bummed I missed the live episode! Hopefully, Brian will still answer some questions if we have them?

A.J. Rosati
June 10th, 2013, 01:33 PM
I am a little bit new to restoring fountain pens. My father gave me a Sheaffer pen from around 1998 that looks to me like it may be a Triumph Imperial or something close. I know nothing about Sheaffer pens to begin with. The nib is very bent and looks to be ruined. I know it is an inlaid nib with a black section with a matte metal body and cap. Any idea where I could look for a replacement nib and section for this pen?

Jon Szanto
June 10th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Any idea where I could look for a replacement nib and section for this pen?
One thought would be to get in touch with Teri Morris at Peyton Street Pens (www.peytonstreetpens.com/servlet/StoreFront). If you supply a quick photo, she can say whether she might have a replacement section for you (you can't change out just the nib).

A.J. Rosati
June 10th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Thank you kind sir I will look her up!!