PDA

View Full Version : Pelikan Blue-Black and Pel 100

Ray-VIgo
June 9th, 2013, 08:20 PM
I've had some Pelikan 4001 Blue-Black in a bottle here since before they seem to have stopped importing it. It was always too dry for me, but I have a fairly wet Pelikan 100 I'd like to use it in. I've read it has a very acidic pH and possibly an iron gall component. Is there any reason 4001 Blue-Black would be unsafe in the 100?

The Good Captain
June 10th, 2013, 02:20 AM
I've no idea about the pH of this wonderful ink but I've used it in an M100 with no problems whatsoever. Pelikan in Hanover repeatedly say that there is no longer any iron-gall content to this ink but there are some who have had e-mails from them commenting that there is 'a little'. I would just treat it as you would any other ink and use and enjoy it. Flush out say every two or three fills and I can't see you having any problems whatsoever.
It is probably my favourite ink of all time.

whych
June 10th, 2013, 03:09 AM
I have bought a number of German pens that have had some form of iron gall ink used in them and they have all worked fine after a good clean up.
I don't think there would be any difference in using your old ink in your Pelikan.

carlos.q
June 10th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Pelikan 4001 blue-black is just wonderful with vintage Pelikan wet nibs, specially broad ones. Same thing goes for Pelikan brilliant black. :thumb:

Ray-VIgo
June 10th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the replies- it ought to be fine then.

Runnin_Ute
November 26th, 2013, 06:09 PM
The only ink I have ever bought more than one bottle of. Great ink. Have it in my 120 right now.