PDA

View Full Version : Filling a Eversharp?

SLM
October 19th, 2019, 03:43 PM
Hi all, quick question... I just got a Eversharp Skyline and it's my first lever filler pen and I don't know much about filling them. So my question is... How far out do I pull the lever? 1/4, 1/2, all the way straight out? I was just pulling it a little earlier flushing it with water. I don't want to break anything!

Thanks!

controlsfreak
October 19th, 2019, 04:04 PM
Lever can go perpendicular to the barrel with no damage. Go no further.

Note that Skylines have a breather tube. This means that you continue to cycle the lever, with the nib submerged, until you see no more bubbles expelled when lifting the lever.

SLM
October 19th, 2019, 07:53 PM
Thanks! I really appreciate the information! Can't wait to get ink in it!

carlos.q
October 20th, 2019, 11:50 AM
Thanks! I really appreciate the information! Can't wait to get ink in it!

Show us pictures! Share the joy!

SLM
October 21st, 2019, 07:50 PM
Here's a couple I snapped today. :)

The clip was kinda twisted on the cap so I took that apart and I think I have it back together right but if nothing else it looks better now.

And it has Sheaffer turquoise in it. :)

Lady Onogaro
October 22nd, 2019, 12:07 AM
Purty!!

SLM
October 22nd, 2019, 07:59 PM
Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised. I like it. I think it looks better in person and was surprised the sac was still good. :)

Are there any tale tale signs to narrow down the year this pen was made?

Scrawler
October 27th, 2019, 05:21 AM
Very nice. These have an important place in the history of commerce and advertising. Be careful, the plastic can be fragile.

welch
January 2nd, 2020, 04:30 PM
The Skyline was a beautiful design. As Scrawler mentions, handle with care. I have had a cap shatter as I rubbed it with sunshine cloth. Foolish me, I had taken the cap off the pen.

Eversharp made the Skyline back when companies were experimenting with plastics. I once heated a Wearever (or other 3rd-tier pen) to help wiggle the section off the barrel, and the section stretched and stretched, but never loosened.