PDA

View Full Version : Oz postage

FredRydr
October 21st, 2019, 03:18 PM
Today I received a postcard from Australia with AUD$3.80 postage stamps on it. Is that what Australia Post wants for an international postcard now?

Morgaine
October 21st, 2019, 04:34 PM
Received one today too. $3.20 on mine (Sydney, NSW stamp)

Chrissy
October 21st, 2019, 11:34 PM
AUD $3.80 = US$2.61 or GB£2.01. Oooh that's not cheap. :(

allanorn
January 1st, 2020, 07:55 PM
Everything in Australia is trying to kill you, including the postage. :D

ducksbattlesatan
January 8th, 2020, 04:37 PM
Today I received a postcard from Australia with AUD$3.80 postage stamps on it. Is that what Australia Post wants for an international postcard now?

I posted a TWSBI ECO in its box to an address 150km away - postage $8.95.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FredRydr
January 8th, 2020, 04:54 PM
Where are you? And was that 150km across an international boundary?

ducksbattlesatan
January 9th, 2020, 12:35 AM
Where are you? And was that 150km across an international boundary?

Brisbane to Tweed Heads!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmboy
January 9th, 2020, 01:11 AM
I think a postcard in the US takes 7 5 cent stamps domestic to any address. This leaves almost no room for a message. I think an international postcard is 23 5 cent stamps and that doesn’t fit on a post card so it is like saying screw you, send a letter.

Chrissy
January 9th, 2020, 01:19 AM
I think a postcard in the US takes 7 5 cent stamps domestic to any address. This leaves almost no room for a message. I think an international postcard is 23 5 cent stamps and that doesn’t fit on a post card so it is like saying screw you, send a letter.
If you use 5 cent stamps, that would be the case. :)
However, I've seen US postcard stamps that I guess are for domestic use, but for sending internationally isn't your international stamp the same price no matter whether you send a postcard or a reasonably weighty letter?
Our international stamps work for up to 10grams or over 10grams but up to 20grams so we have to be more strict on letter weights.

Farmboy
January 9th, 2020, 08:07 AM
I suppose you could use 5 29 cent stamps for a post card. That might be why we have 29 cent stamps.

I believe the same amount gets you to any international country but I’ve never tried.

FredRydr
January 9th, 2020, 09:20 AM
It's currently US$1.15 for envelope or postcard up to one ounce within maximum dimensions to countries outside USA and other areas served by the USPS. The USPS (as are other postal union countries) is selling forever-type international stamps. Unlike domestic mail, there is no USPS postage rate for international postcards that is less than that for an international envelope.

Farmboy
January 9th, 2020, 08:38 PM
It's currently US$1.15 for envelope or postcard up to one ounce within maximum dimensions to countries outside USA and other areas served by the USPS. The USPS (as are other postal union countries) is selling forever-type international stamps. Unlike domestic mail, there is no USPS postage rate for international postcards that is less than that for an international envelope.
So it is only 23 5 cent stamps to get to Oz.

Now the pressing matter is the existence of a 23 center.