PDA

View Full Version : WTB Waterman Charleston gold colour pocket clip

jem14f
November 7th, 2019, 03:08 PM
Would like to find a Waterman Charleston gold colour pocket clip for a fountain pen
it could be that the pencil or rollerball clip is the same, or even a cap with one on
my cap is black but I could just remove the clip and transfer.

Jeremy

Chrissy
November 8th, 2019, 12:15 AM
The FP and RB are very likely to have the same clip, but I'm less sure about the MP having the same sized clip unless it has exactly the same sized cap.
You might try looking look for a cap or a pocket clip on ebay, but I've never seen a Charleston pocket clip for sale on it's own.

jem14f
November 8th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Hi
Thanks for reply, I am burning up ebay looking, nearest I have found are too expensive as they are still serviceable
I guess I will have to wait until perhaps a RB/FB is sold that is either broken or the seller thinks it's a bic :-)
I tried Waterman for just the part (wont supply, have to go via their repair service), and several repairers
I guess these pens are being looked after.

Chrissy
November 9th, 2019, 02:36 AM
Try asking their repair service. If they have one available they should give you a price.

jem14f
November 9th, 2019, 10:10 AM
Hi
I did try but they will only give a price once you agree to sending them the pen and then there is a minimum £35 plus the repair work plus the part
its going to get expensive! I will try looking for broken pens and rollerballs it is an easy repair so being "tight" I dont want to pay Watermans protectionist prices.

Jeremy

Chrissy
November 9th, 2019, 10:18 AM
Were you talking to Newell Rubbermaid on 0203 027 6892?

jem14f
November 11th, 2019, 03:00 AM
No I tried Waterman direct from the web page, is there a way of going up the tree? , would assume they would just pass you down
to Waterman, then to the repair service.

Chrissy
November 11th, 2019, 03:41 AM
When I wanted to find out about a replacement cap end disc for a Waterman Etalon, i rang N.R. and they were very helpful. Sadly they didn't have one, but at least they advised me that it was discontinued.