November 11th, 2019, 08:16 PM
I can see clearly now...

the 2020 Philadelphia Pen Show

Fri-Sat-Sun

January 17-18-19

https://philadelphiapenshow.com/

avlisyar
December 30th, 2019, 02:52 AM
This is my home show, so I will be there.
I have booked time with Gena (Custom Nib Studio)
to have some pen nibs worked on.

Mags
December 30th, 2019, 06:20 AM
If Philly and the show was more of a spring or fall show I could see my investing as a place to come and visit as a tourist from Canada. I prefer not to pay bigger airfares to fly to a cold climate from a cold climate in January. I have however heard all good things about the show inclusive of the hospitality several years back during a heavy snow storm that confined folks to being in the hotel during other closures.

Chrissy
December 31st, 2019, 04:54 AM
I've heard several excellent reports about the Philly pen show, but it would be even more expensive to fly from this cold climate where I live to that cold climate.
If I ever attend a US pen show, I'm thinking it would need to be one that takes place in summer. :)

Mags
December 31st, 2019, 08:14 AM
Fermata, Agreement with your comment is quite easy. A one day show precludes many budget collectors and new to the hobby folks making such a large investment in a one day event. Still it takes all sorts of events to keep the interest up amongst the pen community new and old.

Frank
January 9th, 2020, 10:13 AM
Looking forward to another great HOME SHOW!
Look forward to seeing my Pen Pals!

2020 is going to be a GREAT YEAR in Pen Collecting!

Best!
Frank

calamus
January 9th, 2020, 01:27 PM
Fermata, Agreement with your comment is quite easy. A one day show precludes many budget collectors and new to the hobby folks making such a large investment in a one day event. Still it takes all sorts of events to keep the interest up amongst the pen community new and old.

Apparently it's a three day show (January 17, 18 & 19).

Mags
January 9th, 2020, 04:42 PM

Apparently it's a three day show (January 17, 18 & 19).

True three days of pen fun. Just wish it was during a warmer weather time to come visit. Plus 15C or so weather.

To all who do go enjoy. I am sure the pen event will be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lady Onogaro
January 9th, 2020, 05:52 PM
I've heard several excellent reports about the Philly pen show, but it would be even more expensive to fly from this cold climate where I live to that cold climate.
If I ever attend a US pen show, I'm thinking it would need to be one that takes place in summer. :)

How about the St. Louis Pen Show? It happens June 26 - 28. www.stlpenshow.com