PDA

View Full Version : SOLD 1934 Parker Vacumatic OS Silver Pearl

Pendel
November 21st, 2019, 07:13 AM
I am letting go of my dear friend, a 1934 (?) Parker Vacumatic OS Silver Pearl with F/M nib. Yes, these pens are quite rare, and yes, they are very beautiful, and yes, mine has all of the correct original parts, but this particular example is more than that. It is not a museum piece or a pristine exemplar destined for a display case. It has been loved and used because it is such an awesome writer. Mike Matsuyama had tuned the filler and the nib a few years back after I bought the pen, and it has been in my rotation on a regular basis ever since. The very large nib is sooo smooth and the flow is sooo nice. The feel of the old celluloid on the fingers is just lovely: my favorite after the urushi. The fact that the section matches the barrel is wonderful, and the striped jewels add a crowning touch.

Cosmetic cons:

Brassing on the trim and clip
A cursive inscription on the barrel (actually, it is very cool: see the pics)
A very slight loss of mask on the nib
A wave in the clip, which is not tight to the body
Good visibility, but there is ambering

There are no cracks, gauges or any other structural issues. It fills and functions perfectly.

At this point I am offering the pen for sale in the US only (and perhaps in Canada, but with an appropriate adjustment for the shipping costs, etc.).

Price: $275 which includes USPS Priority Shipping in the USA.