PDA

View Full Version : UK Parker 61 c/c fillers

Barry B. Gabay
November 21st, 2019, 05:35 PM
Promised to show these a few months ago. Finally got around to photographing them.

I have always enjoyed the Parker 61's design, but the capillary-fill models have never worked well for me. Several years ago, I came across a cartridge-converter version. It was love at first sight. I have acquired several others in the ensuing time. Like UK 51s, these have extremely smooth and occasionally wide nibs. Note the second blue one. It seems a BB to me. The gray with rainbow cap is a 15 degree oblique. The others are M and B nibs. Though I use these with cartridges, they can be fitted with a variety of Parker converters. Enjoy.

guyy
November 21st, 2019, 07:48 PM
Very nice. I like the 61, too. I agree that the Newhaven nibs tend to be superb writers.

Fermata
November 22nd, 2019, 05:31 AM
Exceptionally nice Barry, a good collection.

I am a big admirer of the 61, looks good and behaves very well, trouble is they are difficult to live with unlike its sister the 51.

I think the answer is to marry the 51 but look at the legs of the 61.

Chrissy
November 22nd, 2019, 10:12 PM
I used to like parker 61 pens until I found that the arrows can sometimes just pop out at any time while cleaning. There are always plenty to be had on ebay but they often have their arrows missing, or worse, someone has tried to glue one back in. :(