PDA

View Full Version : Group Buy for P W Akkerman Ink

rtryland
June 12th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Ladies and Gentleman,

After having seen some of the beautiful colors of Akkerman Ink that are out there I have decided to look into purchasing some for myself. The good news is that the ink is now available online, the bad news is that it ships from the Netherlands.

So, before I jump out there and make an order for myself at just a single bottle with close to 20EUR shipping I thought I would open the floor to a possible group buy scenario.

I will be willing to have the bottles shipped to my residence and then carefully repackage them and send them on to individual persons anywhere CON US.

By what I can see if we make an order for 10 bottles the shipping cost is around 50EUR to get them here or 5 bottles at 30EUR shipped to my home in Tennessee. The cost of the ink per bottle is currently 13.50EUR due to no VAT which comes to around 186-187EUR to get 10 bottles here. At the current exchange rate as of 12-June-2013 that comes to right around 250USD making each bottle about 25USD to my door. I will then have to package and ship each bottle to your door which will cost materials and a bit of time.

That said, I feel comfortable that with a group buy in, we can make this possible at around $40.00 per bottle to your door. The exact cost may fluctuate due to exchange rates and shipping rate and method chosen once inside the US. I will make final calculations if we can get a group buy going.

Given that I am a new member, I both understand skepticism regarding my post and encourage everyone feel free to touch base with me regarding any concerns.
If the order amount comes to less than 5 Bottles, I can handle the out front expense and will ship to you upon receipt of your payment. Anything over that amount would need to be prepaid. The reason for this is I feel confident that I could resell bottles that I prepaid for but don't want to sit on a large amount of inventory.

Mods: Feel free to move this thread if it does not belong in the For Sale listings.

Cheers,

Thomas

Bostonfin
June 12th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I would be in for a blue/black for sure maybe more

dannzeman
June 12th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Moved thread to General Inky Goodness.

Dr Honeywell
June 13th, 2013, 05:23 PM
If the cost of a bottle to your door is 25USD, why is it costing 15USD more to get it to my door in the USA?

earthdawn
June 13th, 2013, 05:53 PM
If the cost of a bottle to your door is 25USD, why is it costing 15USD more to get it to my door in the USA?

I can tell you it was $10 to ship 1 bottle USPS to me.

I bought it from "Saintpaulia" and when she went to mail it thats what it was... USPS has really gone up. You also need a good secure box and popcorn stuffing...

Honestly if you can buy 3 bottles at a time thats the best bet and best deal and it comes direct to you from Akkerman. $80 to your door.

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/showthread.php/1477-P-W-Akkerman-Inks-Arrived-Direct

rtryland
June 13th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Earth Dawn is correct Dr Honeywell. I'm netting about $3 for my time. Maybe not even that much. It's going to cost between $10-12 to purchase packing materials, and ship the bottle to you in the US. If that isn't satisfactory to you, feel free to order a single bottle from Akkerman yourself and pay the 20EUR it'll cost to ship it to yourself.

Dr Honeywell
June 14th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Having just sent some fragile items through USPS I disagree with your $15 estimate. I didn't mean to question your integrity, I just don't see the value at that price. Like you suggest, if I'm that crazy about getting Akkerman ink, I might as well order three bottles directly from them.

rtryland
June 14th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Dr. Honeywell, while I appreciate your input, some opinions are best kept to yourself.

Remember, I was offering to do this as a service to save others the hassle of ordering something from outside of the country, possibly end up dealing with customs and then taking the time out of my day to repackage, and ship these bottles to other members. The bottles don't magically repackage themselves and appear at USPS to be taken to another address. This takes time and materials, which cost money.

Given how much you feel the need to comment in this thread, that you have obviously no interest in participating in other than to be disruptive, I can come to no other conclusion than you are just wanting to act out. That said, the offer stands for any persons who are interested and I will absolutely attempt to make it as inexpensive as possible.

I will restate my previous post in saying approximately $40 a bottle to a person's door in the US. Depending on the cost of shipping materials and my fuel to gather said materials and drop items at the post this estimate may be slightly less or slightly more. I have no interest in making money here. If I did, I'd simply buy the bottles and resell them in the classifieds individually. I was simply trying to be helpful as I have seen many people wanting to try these inks but few willing to go through the small hassles to get them here.

If you do not wish to participate, that is fine. I hold no grunge against you, but please do not trash a thread that doesn't belong to you just because you don't agree with something.

Tell you what Dr. Honeywell, I'll add a bottle to my order for you, I'll calculate the EXACT amount for you with the cost of the bottle, it's portion of shipping from the NL, my fuel to gather it's packing materials, the packing materials, postage and a $5.00 handling fee and that will be what you would pay. Keep in mind, that might just be more than $40.00. Cheers.

Dr Honeywell
June 14th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Thank you for the kind reply rtryland. No need to add a bottle for me to your order, I am quite confident what the price of an adequate size box, bubble rap, shipping peanuts an postage costs are. I'm sure others question the cost that some charge for shipping or shipping & handling as well.

Bostonfin
June 17th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Thomas,

bottle of blue/black for me sir. Thank you for offering to do this.

Bostonfin
July 6th, 2013, 02:57 PM
My ink arrived yesterday! Man this stuff is sweet. thank you for placing the order.