PDA

View Full Version : Delta vintage stylus FP

Nomdeplume
June 13th, 2013, 09:36 PM
3466picture from Fahrney's

I am hopelessly addicted to my iPad (almost as much as I am addicted to using my pens) so I was on the lookout for such a combination. Delta makes a nice pen, so I ordered this pen.

It is much smaller than I expected, as you can see, the catalog photo doesn't give any size reference. It measures 5 1/8 inches closed and 5 3/4 posted. (I guess I had my oversized Dolce Vita in mind)! The only drawback to the size is it only will use short cartridges and no converter! (It's a big drawback but I will live with it!)

I do like the placement of the stylus on the end , not on the cap. The size and weight make it comfortable to use as either FP or as stylus!

pocketses
June 19th, 2013, 01:11 AM
I like the look of this one since I've also got a big time tablet habit.

You say it has no converter, but do you think one would fit? Cartridge only kind of kills the appeal for me (have enough of those already). :)

Nomdeplume
June 19th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I have yet to find a short converter to fit!
Definite drawback....but carts for travel probably make sense. For my color obsession I'll have to do some syringe work to refill what I want.

Otherwise, it performs well, as expected from Delta.

snedwos
June 21st, 2013, 07:25 AM
Bulb-filler? Kawekonverter?

Or have they done that terrible, evil thing where they put some sort of stopper in the barrel that makes it impossible to fir anything other that a specific type of cartridge in the barrel?

KrazyIvan
June 21st, 2013, 09:02 AM
I cannot decide if I like it. I know I do not like the gold colored band on the cap. Maybe in a darker ruthenium finish it would speak to me.

pocketses
June 23rd, 2013, 10:28 PM
I have yet to find a short converter to fit!
Definite drawback....but carts for travel probably make sense. For my color obsession I'll have to do some syringe work to refill what I want.

Otherwise, it performs well, as expected from Delta.

Yeah, definite drawback for sure on the converter issue. Too bad Delta went that route, but my guess is that they weren't going after the hard core FP crowd based on its multipurpose design. I still like the classic Delta look of it, though.