PDA

View Full Version : Visconti Divina buying advice

a4a
December 15th, 2019, 12:51 PM
I’m treating myself to a Divina in Imperial Blue and trying to decide on a seller. Where have you had good buying experiences?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaguarish
December 15th, 2019, 09:48 PM
Hi, considering that you want it to write well on arrival, I would suggest te Nibsmith who will tune the nib for you at no extra charge.

a4a
December 16th, 2019, 06:54 AM
Excellent... thank you!

mark320i
December 19th, 2019, 02:05 PM
I would second that. I just purchased a stub 23kt Pd nib fro him. Also have the Davina in brown. Great look, I want the blue now!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mr.Bluejeans
January 5th, 2020, 12:40 PM
Understand the Dan Smith suggestion, but you may want to get price from Marco at Novelli.it to compare pricing. No custom tuning, but he does test nib before posting out shipment. Have enjoyed dealing with him, but also can say the same about Dan.

jacksko
January 10th, 2020, 11:06 AM
Highly advisable to have the nibs profesionally tested by the seller. I had to return a Divina Blue TWICE because of bad nibs. Third time was OK.
BTW I will not be buying Viscontis for some time, thank you very much.

KBeezie
January 13th, 2020, 11:57 AM
Highly advisable to have the nibs profesionally tested by the seller. I had to return a Divina Blue TWICE because of bad nibs. Third time was OK.
BTW I will not be buying Viscontis for some time, thank you very much.

Same here, the main one I wanted to love, but the nib just wouldn't work right for me was a Dinvia Desert Spring with the 18K nib. My second Visconti wasn't bad, a Homosapien steel maxi, but wasn't all that great in my opinion nib wise, with a 23k Pd nib.

Love the material, design, etc, but just can't quite seem to wow me when it comes to whats important. Much preferred my Aurora Afrika to either Visconti, especially better filling.

If you get one, have the nib professionally tuned or it can lead to buyer's remorse.

a4a
January 25th, 2020, 08:06 PM
I ended up buying from rozmenko on eBay... I know. But I have to say I had an amazing experience. He tuned the nib and it arrived in three days from Down Under. It writes like a dream. And the price was unbeatable.

Bob
February 13th, 2020, 12:15 AM
You have good taste, the blue Divina has such a beautiful sheen. When the light hits it, it u in s the most beautiful pen I’ve ever seen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mark320i
February 13th, 2020, 11:12 AM
I have purchased a couple of Viscontis from him with the same great experience.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk