PDA

View Full Version : SOLD WTB Stub nib pen

Pinnacle_fountainpens
December 22nd, 2019, 06:27 AM
I’m not looking for a particular pen here, maybe Omas, Visconti or somthing. Just wanting a stub nib.
Want to spend around £200ish.
Thanks

**EDIT**

Omas Paragon(old style or new), milord (old style or new), 360 etc in any celluloid. Any nib again preferably with a B, BB or stub. £400-500

KrazyIvan
December 22nd, 2019, 07:36 AM
It's going to be difficult finding anything Omas in that price range, since they are out of business. Visconti will yield better results but I'd suggest getting one with a bold nib and having it ground to a stub. Dan Smith from The Nib Smith might be a good source for something like that. There might be a stock Visconti stub available too but having Dan give the pen a once over, especially a Visconti would be a good idea if you're not comfortable adjusting your own nibs.

Fermata
December 22nd, 2019, 07:53 AM
If you just want to try out a stub nib thena TSWBI ECO stub is a good option for less than GBP30.

The problem with importing a pen from a US seller is the risk of being hit for VAT and the Royal Mail handling charge.

Have you thought about buying a pen from a nib expert and asking them to stub it for you?

As Krazy advices, your budget is tight for a stub Visconti and Omas.

Pinnacle_fountainpens
December 22nd, 2019, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I understand it is tight for the Omas stub, I agree Visconti is a lot cheaper.

Pinnacle_fountainpens
December 22nd, 2019, 09:59 AM
I haven’t explored Tswbi, I find there looks unappealing personally. I do have a few spare B Visconti 18k nibs, I was thinking of getting one ground into a stub but they’re original and then it’s no longer a stock Visconti 18k nib? What do you think? Thanks for the suggestions!

Ps. Oh VAT, VAT I said last year I’m never buying another pen from the US......... yeah, that didn’t work

junglejim
December 22nd, 2019, 11:32 AM
Ps. Oh VAT, VAT I said last year I’m never buying another pen from the US......... yeah, that didn’t work

And don't forget HM Customs fees, which are totally seperate from VAT.

" Items up to £39.00 in value that meet the following HM Revenue and Customs criteria are not liable for import charges:

The sender must be a private individual and the consignee must take delivery at a private address.The gift must be sent free of charge and be of an "occasional nature".The word "gift" must be marked on the Air Waybill and commercial invoice. All items must be itemised with their own full description and value.

HM Revenue and Customs assess Duty and Tax liability regardless of age or previous ownership."

Whenever I send something to my penpals in GB I have to make sure the value is less than the limit or they must pay the customs fee.

Chrissy
December 22nd, 2019, 02:33 PM

And don't forget HM Customs fees, which are totally seperate from VAT.

" Items up to £39.00 in value that meet the following HM Revenue and Customs criteria are not liable for import charges:

The sender must be a private individual and the consignee must take delivery at a private address.The gift must be sent free of charge and be of an "occasional nature".The word "gift" must be marked on the Air Waybill and commercial invoice. All items must be itemised with their own full description and value.

HM Revenue and Customs assess Duty and Tax liability regardless of age or previous ownership."

Whenever I send something to my penpals in GB I have to make sure the value is less than the limit or they must pay the customs fee.

It's possible there may be a typo there. IMHO it should read Items up to £36.00 in value. On the other hand my booklet may be out of date.

Merchandise up to £15 and Gifts up to £36

Chrissy
December 22nd, 2019, 02:38 PM
I had considered selling my Omas Revelations, but apparently pictures only work in PM's if they have URL's and are included as an image rather than an attachment.

Image removed so that thread can be closed.

Pinnacle_fountainpens
December 22nd, 2019, 03:35 PM
Got the picture! Thanks