PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Give-Away #1

dannzeman
February 3rd, 2010, 06:47 PM
http://www.fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/rhodia_box_1_large.jpg
We would like to welcome everyone to FPGeeks.com by giving away a Rhodia Essential Box. To enter, just post a reply in this thread telling us what your favorite paper is and why. You have until 11:59pm on Sunday March 21st, 2010 to leave a reply and be entered into the contest. After that time the thread will be closed and the winner announced shortly thereafter. The winner will be randomly selected and sent an email as well as be posted in the forum thread. We look forward to meeting you all in the forum!

eriquito
March 14th, 2010, 07:33 PM
Hey Dannzeman!

I know I'm disqualified from the drawing, but I thought it would be nice to see my name here anyway =)

Eric
Son of Ragnar

Kelly G
March 14th, 2010, 08:07 PM
I love a contest - rarely win, but I love them nonetheless. My favorite paper, based on usage, has to be Ampad Gold Fibre - I use the 7.25X9.5 Wirebound Project Planner for meeting notes and some general note taking. I have started using Black n' Red 8 1/4 X 5 7/8 ruled wirebound w/polyprop covers for a lot of reading notes. I'm enrolled in four different classes and use one note pad per class. The Black n' Red is better paper (24#) than the Gold Fibre. No bleed through or feathering.

Kooky Chick
March 15th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I love Rhodia paper--thanks for the generous giveaway! :)

My favorite paper is Clairefontaine paper--especially Triomphe. Even though some people complain that the paper is too smooth, I say that there is no such thing! :) I love XXXXF nibs, and the Triomphe makes them write so smoothly. Love it!

bleubug
March 15th, 2010, 03:25 PM
I'm all about Clairefontaine paper. I agree that it's smooth but I love smooth.

patsikes
March 17th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I have been using a lot of Rhodia paper lately. It is my favorite right now. I also use moleskin and Piccadilly hard bound notebooks but their paper is not as FP or rollerball firendly....

Hope I win!! :-)

Patrick Sikes
http://blog.norskwoodshop.com

dannzeman
March 17th, 2010, 05:06 PM
Hope I win!! :-)

Well, so far, it looks like you have a very good chance!

Sara
March 18th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I haven't used much other than copier paper but I do enjoy Clairefontaine paper as a special treat. I have a Rhodia pad that is lovely too. (Plus i love gridded paper!)

Thank you for the chance. :)

agoyal
March 18th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Hello everyone! I enjoy using piccadilly notebooks, but my favorite has to be just the regular steno notebook paper of my national brand steno notebooks for the nice green color.

bardolator
March 19th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Brand new here, though I've been hanging out on another pen site for a couple months (wait--now I'm on TWO fountain pen sites? Uh oh).

I've not tried many premium papers; right now I'm using a couple Black & Red notebooks for school-related stuff (I'm a teacher). Ironically, it was my attempt to find an ink that wouldn't bleed through the paper in a little Moleskin pocket notebook I was carrying as a "brain dump" that got me more heavily into fountain pens. One white/tortoise Pelikan M400, one Parker 45 flighter, and a Pelikan M215 I bought as a gift later--plus four new bottles of ink--that was the most expensive notebook I've ever bought (besides my MacBook).

Don't really anticipate winning anything, but since this is the thread that brought me to fpgeeks, I thought I should post here. :)

Oh! To answer the question--I love the Black & Red--smooth, so that though it takes longer for ink to dry, it feels great going down and looks nice when it's dry--and am now not so thrilled with the little Moleskine, convenient though it is. Oddly, I've found that the Pel (a medium, inked with Noodler's FPN Starry Night) bleeds through less than anything else I've used!

jianyc
March 19th, 2010, 04:08 PM
My current fave is a large Rhodia webbook. As I use my fountain pens more and more I like how respectful it is of the ink :)

nbutler
March 19th, 2010, 06:23 PM
My favorite paper is Rhodia paper, I'm new to it, but it's so smooth to write on, I loved it the moment I put ink to paper. Really.

nbutler

CourtMad
March 19th, 2010, 08:37 PM
As a general rule of thumb, I love all paper! That said, I am loving the writing pads I purchased recently online at www.doanepaper.com . It's a fusion of grid+lines and I've been using it for re-writing uni notes after the actual lecture.

Plannerisms Laurie
March 20th, 2010, 02:13 AM
My very favorite paper in the world is Clairefontaine paper, the 90g white paper in the Classic notebooks. I first feel in love with this paper when I bought a bunch of colorful Clairefontaine notebooks while on a trip to Paris about 10 years ago. Ever since then, no other paper can compare.

But...I've never tried Rhodia paper! I know both brands are made by Exaclair so I'm guessing the Rhodia paper is just as dreamy as Clairefontaine. I've seen this goody box before and always thought it would be a great starter set to introduce someone to the brand.

Thank you for this giveaway! :)

eriquito
March 22nd, 2010, 09:12 AM
jianyc! (Post number 11)

Congratulations jianyc! I'll send you an email post-haste.

Thank you to everyone who participated in our first Give Away.

Give Away #2 is already in place - have another go! =)

Eric
Son of Ragnar

dannzeman
March 22nd, 2010, 09:14 AM
My current fave is a large Rhodia webbook. As I use my fountain pens more and more I like how respectful it is of the ink :)
congratulations! you are the winner of our Rhodia Essentials Kit!

Sent from my DAMAGEDHERO200 using Tapatalk

jianyc
March 23rd, 2010, 07:03 PM
I'm very excited. The more Rhodia in the world the better!

woosang
May 11th, 2013, 11:31 PM
http://www.fpgeeks.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/rhodia_box_1_large.jpg
We would like to welcome everyone to FPGeeks.com by giving away a Rhodia Essential Box. To enter, just post a reply in this thread telling us what your favorite paper is and why. You have until 11:59pm on Sunday March 21st, 2010 to leave a reply and be entered into the contest. After that time the thread will be closed and the winner announced shortly thereafter. The winner will be randomly selected and sent an email as well as be posted in the forum thread. We look forward to meeting you all in the forum!

Identical to my story. He said he had tossed the number away forgetting to photograph it. He then contacted me again to trade for a falcon and it was then that I was PMd about him. I lost a $200 pen which you high flyers (;-)) may not think is expensive but it was to me. I was going to sell it but thought I could get a pen I could use. I I am not flush but at the end of the day, it's a thing and not irreplaceable. Like Tracey-lee I am not going to dwell on it any more.
Live & learn Only trade with people you know.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Pensivedoc
May 11th, 2013, 11:56 PM
I enjoy Rhodia with DOTS : ), it's smooth and helps me to write on the level without being intrusive. I'm also really enjoying some Rossi stationery for letter writing.

cedargirl
May 12th, 2013, 02:15 AM
I feel I should be saying Rohdia, but truth be said, I've never had an opportunity to try it. I really like Clairefontaine Triomphe.

Dr Honeywell
May 18th, 2013, 04:55 PM
New to the world of fountain pens and journaling, waiting for my first few pens to be delivered. I have not had a chance to try any quality paper yet, but would love to be included in the drawing.

Thanks

snedwos
May 18th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Sadly, this draw happened over 3 years ago...