PDA

View Full Version : Incowrimo 2020 anyone?

Morgaine
January 1st, 2020, 11:38 AM
Now we are firmly in 2020, anyone thinking of throwing their hat in the ring for the February letter writing madness?

Chrissy
January 1st, 2020, 12:18 PM
I will take part, but prefer to not put my address up on the forum. :)

DaveBj
January 1st, 2020, 06:05 PM
Same as last year -- I won't be actively seeking new pen pals, but I will happily respond to to anyone who writes to me.

Morgaine
January 2nd, 2020, 04:51 PM
I will take part, but prefer to not put my address up on the forum. :)

Pity PO boxes are frightfully expensive here...

VertOlive
January 2nd, 2020, 06:37 PM
Last year was such a bust, I’m not joining in this year. The list seems too big and there’s nothing but geography to go on. It would be nice if there were a brief “about me” section for each potential pen pal.

Sigh. I’m sad about this.

Morgaine
January 4th, 2020, 12:34 PM
Some people wrote things in the comments, but the comments have to be approved first on the one site... Oh, and hopefully that will be up and running proper for February. As for the main site, I dislike the way the comments are displayed with Disqus... much harder than joining a forum and being able to use the search function.

Chrissy
January 4th, 2020, 02:17 PM
Last year was such a bust, I’m not joining in this year. The list seems too big and there’s nothing but geography to go on. It would be nice if there were a brief “about me” section for each potential pen pal.

Fear not. I'll write to you. :)

Morgaine
January 5th, 2020, 09:21 AM
I expect I will want to write to some new people.

Morgaine
January 6th, 2020, 05:19 PM

You know where there might be a brief "about me" section....!

FredRydr
January 6th, 2020, 05:34 PM
You know where there might be a brief "about me" section....!
MI5?

Mags
January 7th, 2020, 05:11 AM

I owe you about a dozen letters. If you have moved since 2017 can you re PM me an address. If you are still at same residence with the business you purchased I have an address and will try to catch up with a letter or postcard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbb
January 11th, 2020, 10:47 AM
I plan to write letters again this year.

TSherbs
January 11th, 2020, 02:35 PM
I've never tried it, but I could. But like Chrissy, I don't/won't post my mailing address.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Morgaine
January 13th, 2020, 03:26 AM
As I write, not looking likely that the older project, LetterMo, will be up and running again (technical difficulties). The alternate inco site is delayed (hopefully all will be well... ). As for inco itself, well, last year, the site was updated in the last week of January. Hopefully, fun can be had elsewhere... wink wink! :pound:

azkid
January 13th, 2020, 03:05 PM
If anyone wants to exchange letters with me I'm game. My profile on this forum has some info about me.

Morgaine
January 19th, 2020, 12:39 PM
LetterMo is up and running. There are other sites running some February letter fun too.

Voiren
January 20th, 2020, 03:01 AM
I will be doing Incowrimo again - I have a fair pile of letters to reply to (ahem), and a couple of people from the pen club to write to. If you don't have my address and want it, PM me!

jbb
January 22nd, 2020, 04:08 PM
PM me with your mailing address for the 2020 InCoWriMo if you need a random letter.

manuel1094
January 23rd, 2020, 06:07 PM
I would love to participate and write to new pen pals! I live in Barcelona. PM if you are looking for a pen pal this year!

VertOlive
January 26th, 2020, 08:18 AM
So, did the InCo 2020 site ever launch?

Morgaine
January 26th, 2020, 11:25 AM
The alternate site probably won't (health/circumstance). But, I think inco might be... soon. A comment has disappeared (spam) on the 2019 address disqus.... [edit - wishful thinking, although the address exchange page was up on the 28th January 2019 for last year]

Morgaine
January 26th, 2020, 12:38 PM
P.S. Some old addresses are up on at least one of the old spreadsheets and threads from previous years...

Morgaine
January 30th, 2020, 02:09 PM
And Eric has created the page for the 2020 Address exchange... Better late than never!

VertOlive
January 31st, 2020, 08:37 PM
And Eric has created the page for the 2020 Address exchange... Better late than never!

Do you have a link?

VertOlive
January 31st, 2020, 08:39 PM
Tick tock. Starting on the reply stack at midnight.

Morgaine
February 2nd, 2020, 05:32 PM
Oops, sorry, VO... https://incowrimo.org/2020/01/incowrimo-address-exchange-2020/

saulylee
February 8th, 2020, 09:15 PM
I don't know why but I love writing to people I don't know :)

ThriveToScribe
June 19th, 2020, 12:12 AM
I don't know why but I love writing to people I don't know :)

Maybe because you soon WILL know them —-and they, you! How much better can that get? [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karen
December 31st, 2020, 08:07 AM
I'd love to write to someone , Love hearing about other places. Don't want to put my address out for all but message me.