PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Tuckaway back from Pentiques

ndw76
June 16th, 2013, 12:20 AM
I had bought this Sheaffer Tuckaway a while ago and recently sent it off to Aaron at Pentiques to be put back into working order. They did a great job of putting this pen back into working order and now it has gone into my regular writing rotation.
I just wanted to say thank you to Aaron and Kim at Pentiques for the great job.

earthdawn
June 16th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Would love to see a close up of that pen....

Is it postable ?

ndw76
June 16th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Sure can. Here it is.

david i
June 16th, 2013, 08:53 AM
A WWII-era (1942-1945) Triumph Tuckaway. Carmine celluloid. $12.50 back in the day. Part of the pen series/family that intro'd the sheath nib (or was it Sheath nib), that eventually took the name Triumph nib from the Triumph pen that housed it. A great little pen. The 1940's Sheaffers long received short shrift from collectors for a variety of reasons, some better than others. That the last decade or so has seen marked improvement in restoration techniques has improved the collectability of Sheaffer from that era.

I'm fond of these.

Nice to see Aaron's good work showing up.

I could offer some 1940's Sheaffer Eye Candy, but don't want to swamp the thread. Also, we had a monster thread on collecting Sheaffer Tuckaway pens over at Fountain Pen Board. If anyone has interest in the 1940's Tuckies models/styles I could post a link

Thanks for sharing.

regards

david

fountainpenkid
June 16th, 2013, 01:16 PM
A WWII-era (1942-1945) Triumph Tuckaway. Carmine celluloid. $12.50 back in the day. Part of the pen series/family that intro'd the sheath nib (or was it Sheath nib), that eventually took the name Triumph nib from the Triumph pen that housed it. A great little pen. The 1940's Sheaffers long received short shrift from collectors for a variety of reasons, some better than others. That the last decade or so has seen marked improvement in restoration techniques has improved the collectability of Sheaffer from that era.

I'm fond of these.

I could offer some 1940's Sheaffer Eye Candy, but don't want to swamp the thread. Also, we had a monster thread on collecting Sheaffer Tuckaway pens over at Fountain Pen Board. If anyone has interest in the 1940's Tuckies models/styles I could post a link

Thanks for sharing.

regards

david

I'd love that link!

david i
June 16th, 2013, 04:22 PM

I'm fond of these.

Thanks for sharing.

regards

david

I'd love that link!

Here's the link. FIve pages. Meanders a bit, as this has not been cleaned up into, say, a magazine article. It does build nicely, including lists of all the variants, with some tweaking along the way.

http://fountainpenboard.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2344-sheaffer-tuckaway-history-and-photos-more-to-come/

regards

david