PDA

View Full Version : Platinum Curidas

awa54
January 24th, 2020, 02:57 PM
Looks like this one is out in Japan!

An interesting capless, skeleton pen with a moderate price point and light weight... I'll wait a bit until they either hit the US market officially, or start showing up on Ebay with free shipping (or at least not full price EMS).

Available now off Rakuten for about $104 shipped.

https://www.platinum-pen.co.jp/curidas_e.html

Chrissy
January 25th, 2020, 01:06 AM
It wouldn't be for me as I'm not keen on the long clicker or the fact that it has steel nib. Some say it looks a little on the thick side but that would be a plus in my book.

stub
January 25th, 2020, 02:33 AM
Removable clip is an interesting choice. I am curious about the curidas. Surprised they could make it that cheap.

https://youtu.be/MC5_ODIQ1UY

KrazyIvan
January 25th, 2020, 11:50 AM
I hope that nib did not come from the Preppy like it looks it does.

KBeezie
January 26th, 2020, 09:42 PM

At a glance, the tipping and general nib thickness seems more substantial. Course it might be a 3D rendering and not an actual product in the video. .... But it looks very much like a Preppy nib.

https://i.imgur.com/YXe176H.png

If it is identical to a preppy nib, at least we know where to find $5 replacement nibs.

grainweevil
January 27th, 2020, 04:43 AM
Someone appears to have already got hold of one - Instagram linky (https://www.instagram.com/p/B70LYjyjT10/). Looking at the comparison with the TWSBI Eco, it's not small.

I'm torn on this one - unextended with that enormously long knock/clicker it's a nope. But just for once Platinum's obsession with transparent plastic makes sense because watching it work appears curiously fascinating. It'll likely come down to price. If they convert the Yen to GBPs, maybe. If they convert it to dollars and then stick a pound sign in front of that figure, as usually happens, it's a bit steep for a Preppy nib on a spring. Assuming they release it over here at all. It'll be interesting to see how it fairs, and if successful, how long before the Chinese make a stab at copying it.

awa54
January 27th, 2020, 12:18 PM
yeah, in that pic it looks uh... I think "bulky" is a kind way to put it :(

But on the up-side, their cream coated shiba is very cute!

carlos.q
January 28th, 2020, 06:44 AM
It's now available at Fahrney's for $80.00

... and Anderson has it for $64.00

KBeezie
January 28th, 2020, 08:55 PM

Not seeing it on Anderson yet (Goulet has it for $64 as well, but not releasing until Mid-february)

Chrissy
January 28th, 2020, 11:14 PM

Not seeing it on Anderson yet (Goulet has it for $64 as well, but not releasing until Mid-february)
Anderson Pens sent me their latest newsletter (http://mailchi.mp/andersonpens/ink-it-up-newsletter-888637?e=782e3f648c) with pre-order information on there.
Platinum Curidas ships mid-February

VertOlive
January 29th, 2020, 04:32 PM
Interested. Goulet offering it for $64 when it arrives.

KrazyIvan
January 29th, 2020, 08:56 PM
Clicky Post has a review up: https://clickypost.com/blog/2020/1/29/curidas-retractable-fountain-pen-by-platinum

Lady Onogaro
January 31st, 2020, 05:47 PM

Dromgoole's also has it for $64.00; Pensachi is advertising at $62.00.

I want one.

KBeezie
February 1st, 2020, 12:09 AM
Clicky Post has a review up: https://clickypost.com/blog/2020/1/29/curidas-retractable-fountain-pen-by-platinum

Definitely sticks out quite a bit (on both ends) compared to the VP...

Chrissy
February 1st, 2020, 12:20 AM
My money is safe. I don't like it at all.

Driften
February 3rd, 2020, 08:49 PM

In a Goulet video they compare the nib to the preppy and its not as wide. They didn't know of any current Platinum nib that is the same.

Jon Szanto
February 3rd, 2020, 09:10 PM

In a Goulet video they compare the nib to the preppy and its not as wide. They didn't know of any current Platinum nib that is the same.

It looks more like the nib in the Platinum Prefounte, but I don't have a contemporary Preppy to compare to. The Prefounte nibs (all two of my sample set) have been quite acceptable.

grainweevil
February 4th, 2020, 06:44 AM
If they convert the Yen to GBPs, maybe. If they convert it to dollars and then stick a pound sign in front of that figure, as usually happens...

Bad form to quote myself, but I woefully underestimated Platinum's new found desire to emulate Pilot and their view of our market as a cash cow. Cult Pens has listed them at £95 (about $124). Sad, because I was interested, but now I'm really not. :tsk:

migo984
February 4th, 2020, 06:55 AM
If they convert the Yen to GBPs, maybe. If they convert it to dollars and then stick a pound sign in front of that figure, as usually happens...

Bad form to quote myself, but I woefully underestimated Platinum's new found desire to emulate Pilot and their view of our market as a cash cow. Cult Pens has listed them at £95 (about $124). Sad, because I was interested, but now I'm really not. :tsk:

I just noticed that earlier today - it’s a shockingly high price. Price from most European sellers is €75.

Sadly I’ve noticed that CultPens are becoming less competitive on many of their products. Related to W H Smith buyout? Maybe, maybe not.

grainweevil
February 4th, 2020, 07:34 AM
I feel like the slide started before Smiths, but may well have accelerated subsequently. Absolutely no evidence to back up that feeling, mind you. Must be making too much money flogging Pelikans to the 'Murricans!

Chrissy
February 4th, 2020, 07:52 AM

I'm shocked at how high a price that is!

milkb0at
February 4th, 2020, 03:20 PM
I'm interested, but considering I find the Pilot VP too chunky I probably wouldn't like the Curidas. Hopefully I'll get to play with one at a pen show or something.

If Platinum have learned anything from the success of the Kumpoo etc, then I guess that once the Curidas has been out for a while they can churn out some special edition colours for higher prices. Seeing the red one just screams to me "we'll do a Pelikan Star Ruby version in a year or so".

Jon Szanto
February 4th, 2020, 03:31 PM
I just came across a very detailed and smart 'review' of the pen by LemurInk on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/fountainpens/comments/eyxjsg/ive_been_writing_with_the_new_platinum_curidas/). Definitely worthy of a couple minute read.

Robert
February 6th, 2020, 05:50 PM
Dromgoole's is giving one away. Entries accepted through Friday, February 7th. I'm not sure exactly when the "window" closes, so to be safe assume the deadline is 5:30 pm (Central Standard Time), which is when the store closes on the 7th:

http://www.dromgooles.com/service/giveaway/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=weekly_update&utm_content=02_06_2020

Brilliant Bill
February 6th, 2020, 11:38 PM
It's probably quite functional. However, it's as ugly a contraption as I've ever seen in the fountain pen world. There won't be one in this house!

TSherbs
February 7th, 2020, 08:21 AM
It's probably quite functional. However, it's as ugly a contraption as I've ever seen in the fountain pen world. There won't be one in this house!Ha! Make it plain.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Chrissy
February 7th, 2020, 09:58 AM
It's probably quite functional. However, it's as ugly a contraption as I've ever seen in the fountain pen world. There won't be one in this house!Ha! Make it plain.

Yep. Say it as it is. ;)

grainweevil
February 7th, 2020, 01:49 PM
However, it's as ugly a contraption as I've ever seen in the fountain pen world.

A bit harsh, given that we live in a world that still contains the Montegrappa Chaos.

Lady Onogaro
February 7th, 2020, 10:02 PM
I still want one. :D

Jon Szanto
February 8th, 2020, 12:29 AM
I tried one today at the LA pen show, courtesy John of Lemur Inks. Larger in real life than I might have thought and just a little more weight, making it feel substantial. Activation is easy and positive. The writing with the sample I used was very smooth and the nib appears to be made for the pen, not transplanted.

I expected a cheap gimmick but the pen works well. I expect them to sell well and I expect Plat to expand the line.

Lloyd
February 8th, 2020, 08:54 PM
Given its $80 price tag, its small converter, and its steel nib, why opt for this over a VP?

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!

stub
February 8th, 2020, 10:17 PM
I am going to reserve judgment till I get one in hand.

1. I thought the TWSBI Eco ugly as can be. But it is a hell of a great pen. So much so, that I over look the ugly.
2. I thought the Procyon was stupid too. A few buck more you can get a 3776 etc. .... but then I tried one in an M nib. It is a great writer. I think the finials and barrels will age differently and get ugly. I think the clip is ugly too but the one I have writes so well and has a surprisingly luxury feel on the nib.

As for why over a VP? It is cheaper (street prices on this look less).... and it apparently has a better cap seal.

but i do like the feel of the VP nibs and they are better looking pens.

grainweevil
February 11th, 2020, 03:28 PM
Well, colour me surprised, but here in the UK, Cult Pens' price has now apparently dropped to £89. Still too much (can you hear me Platinum? Still Too Much ), but perhaps it might still have the potential to move and initiate a tiny grasp on reality. Or, as the rest of us all it: global trade and currency exchange rates.

Jon Szanto
February 11th, 2020, 03:41 PM
Given its $80 price tag, its small converter, and its steel nib, why opt for this over a VP?

Well, c'mon Lloyd, you've been around the block. There are always buyers for things, it doesn't have to make sense to you!

That said:

So, it's around $80 now, but that won't likely hold forever
VP has a small ink tank, too
You say "steel nib" like it's the coronavirus - besides their nibs being pretty nice, I'd wager that many people are using this in a school/business setting, and a good stiff nib is probably a smart move
It's never a bad idea to have a less-expensive pen to use in situations and evnvironments where things can happen and pens can be lost
The clip can be removed, and to some people that is a big deal
Lastly: it's NOT a VP!

Just off the top of my head.

Chrissy
February 12th, 2020, 01:26 AM
Well, colour me surprised, but here in the UK, Cult Pens' price has now apparently dropped to £89. Still too much (can you hear me Platinum? Still Too Much ), but perhaps it might still have the potential to move and initiate a tiny grasp on reality. Or, as the rest of us all it: global trade and currency exchange rates.
Cult Pens currently has a 10% off deal when you spend over £30. Voucher code: HEART10

dapprman
February 12th, 2020, 01:28 PM
Love the why not get a VP comments. In the UK a new Capless/VP starts at £180 going to well over £250 for the non limited editions. As with everywhere else outside of Japan we can only get the gold nib. £95 is a lot less.
For those who go - oh but you can get a steel nib from Japan - not many places now exporting those. Pensachi will sell you one for $130 (one down to $100) plus postage - they also sell the Curidas for $62, so half the price.

Empty_of_Clouds
February 12th, 2020, 01:37 PM
This one does not interest me. I have a Decimo which fills this clickability function, and which I bought brand new for around £95 on the Bay of Evil. Current prices may be about £10 higher than this.

From an aesthetic perspective, having just watched the review of this pen by Pen Chalet, the nib seems undersized for the body of the pen, in a way that the Decimo nib does not. I can't compare the fatter VP as I've yet to handle one.

calamus
February 12th, 2020, 02:16 PM
That is one ugly pen.

Jon Szanto
February 12th, 2020, 02:27 PM
That is one ugly pen.

Lots of people I know, enjoy and respect use what I consider ugly pens. And I'll be honest: my original take on it was "cheap and utilitarian", but it actually looks better in person. Some people, perhaps many people, will like it.

TSherbs
February 12th, 2020, 02:48 PM
I am sure that many people will enjoy this pen. I wish it and them success together. It's just not for me (many pens are not for me).

Jon Szanto
February 12th, 2020, 02:53 PM
I am sure that many people will enjoy this pen. I wish it and them success together. It's just not for me (many pens are not for me).

I have no interest in owning any, either.

catbert
February 12th, 2020, 09:51 PM
Discussion of the Curidas in Penaddict podcast 397 (https://www.relay.fm/penaddict/397), around 27 minutes in.

grainweevil
February 13th, 2020, 03:55 AM
Love the why not get a VP comments. In the UK a new Capless/VP starts at £180 going to well over £250 for the non limited editions.

You can do a bit better than that starting price with a bit of effort, but yes, your point is fair enough. However the trend of discussion on English-speaking fora will tend to primarily emanate from 'Murrica, and I gather it's a more valid point from their POV. Although, for myself, I find the Decimo a preferable size and shape.

Can't help but agree with those who declare it's not a looker, either. But the gizmocity, my friends. It would still call to me (if the pricing across all markets was played fair).

Lloyd
February 13th, 2020, 11:57 AM
I had no idea that VPs had gone up so much in price!

If there are any typos in this post, I blame Tapatalk!

awa54
February 13th, 2020, 08:04 PM
Love the why not get a VP comments. In the UK a new Capless/VP starts at £180 going to well over £250 for the non limited editions.

You can do a bit better than that starting price with a bit of effort, but yes, your point is fair enough. However the trend of discussion on English-speaking fora will tend to primarily emanate from 'Murrica, and I gather it's a more valid point from their POV. Although, for myself, I find the Decimo a preferable size and shape.

Can't help but agree with those who declare it's not a looker, either. But the gizmocity, my friends. It would still call to me (if the pricing across all markets was played fair).

I have zero interest in the "regular" VP, though if I had a boundless pen budget I'd probably have to get a Raiden VP... the Decimo, despite being a better size still doesn't really intertest me and it seems like the faceted 1980s style VP is unobtainium these days (and has been for a couple of decades) :(

That's OK though, I've survived without a capless FP for this long, I'll probably continue to do so for the forseeable future ;)

catbert
February 14th, 2020, 12:56 PM
The gadgety quality appeals but it's much bigger than I realized from still photos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCfzXNQ511s

Jon Szanto
February 14th, 2020, 01:23 PM

TSherbs
February 14th, 2020, 05:52 PM
That Curidas is a beast.

Jon Szanto
February 14th, 2020, 06:12 PM
That Curidas is a beast.

In person, not really. It's a tad longer, but the body itself isn't particularly big, certainly on par with a Platinum 3776 or similar. As I mentioned, it struck me quite differently when I saw it live, rather than in photos.

TSherbs
February 15th, 2020, 06:59 AM
The gadgety quality appeals but it's much bigger than I realized from still photos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCfzXNQ511sYeah, my hand is larger than this woman's, but still. What's the measured length of this pen?

catbert
February 15th, 2020, 07:33 AM
153 mm (https://www.platinum-pen.co.jp/curidas_e.html) or about 6 inches. Unclear if it's the same with the nib extended and retracted.

Waski_the_Squirrel
February 15th, 2020, 11:06 AM
I'm one who is very interested in this pen. I've had good experiences with the Platinum brand overall, and this model seems to solve some of my objections to the Pilot and Lamy retractables. And the price is good for a retractable pen. And I appreciate the photos and links here because I hate to be a first adopter without knowing anything about the pen.

grainweevil
February 18th, 2020, 06:19 AM
A review-ette or rambling in The Other Place has combined with that video to dim my enthusiasm quite a bit. The thing is, quite frankly, fat. The lure of gizmocity may not outweigh the girth. Length is not nearly such a problem - am I the only one ever to have clicked a retractable pen open or shut by clicking it against my person in the region of the sternum?

For those interested in the side issue of UK prices, it now seems to have dropped to £75. Cult Pens claims that as a discount from the RRP of £89, while Pure Pens just has that figure and no other. Maybe by the time it's actually released it'll be in line with the rest of the world, but at least someone seems to be listening, so that's nice.

catbert
February 18th, 2020, 07:23 AM
A review-ette or rambling in The Other Place has combined with that video to dim my enthusiasm quite a bit. The thing is, quite frankly, fat. The lure of gizmocity may not outweigh the girth. Length is not nearly such a problem - am I the only one ever to have clicked a retractable pen open or shut by clicking it against my person in the region of the sternum?

Saw that review and was similarly put off. Need to get one in hand first.
Yes, I have opened/closed a retractable pen by clicking against the chestal area, among other parts.

jar
February 18th, 2020, 07:37 AM
I am one of those folk that never enjoyed any of my retractable fountain pens, never clicked one on anything other than my thumb, never kept one in rotation for more than one or two days and sent all of the ones I owned off to Forever Homes. Actually, I simply dumped all the Pilot/Namiki VPs on a friend that makes a living selling the suckers so I guess I just sent them to foster care.

manoeuver
February 18th, 2020, 10:12 AM
CHonky! hope to see them @ Baltimore show. may pick one up.

Bob
February 19th, 2020, 07:13 PM
It's probably quite functional. However, it's as ugly a contraption as I've ever seen in the fountain pen world. There won't be one in this house!

I wholeheartedly agree with you.
I love the Pilot VP, but this this thing looks like a poor attempt.

Robert
April 11th, 2020, 06:34 PM
I received mine this p.m. from Anderson Pens. Initial impression is that . . . it's interesting. Haven't inked it up yet but will tomorrow.

VertOlive
April 13th, 2020, 05:01 PM
I received mine this p.m. from Anderson Pens. Initial impression is that . . . it's interesting. Haven't inked it up yet but will tomorrow.

Would like to see your thoughts; I like the gizmo but don’t easily add pens to the collection anymore, so am on the fence still.

Robert
April 13th, 2020, 06:35 PM
I've lived with the Curidas for a couple of days now, and thus far I like it very much. Mine is equipped with a medium nib, which is quite wet, very smooth and lays down a line more akin to a Western (rather than Japanese) medium. Right now the pen is inked via the supplied converter with Bung Box "Ink of Witch." The writing experience has been quite positive with a variety of paper from Tomoe River to Rhodia to cheap copy paper - no skips, hard starts, etc.

I also own a couple of Pilot VPs, and the Curidas writes better than either of the VPs. I've only had the pen for a couple of days and don't know what to expect when I leave it unused for two or three days, but so far I'm very happy with the purchase.

Lady Onogaro
April 13th, 2020, 07:19 PM
I just got mine today, and I really like it. I have the medium nib as well. It's great for shading so far, and I'm just using the cartridge that came with it. I got the clear one. It's fun. It really brightened my spirits to get it today. Yesterday I got my Lamy Candy pens, and my stickers from the Stickii Club (Retro and Pop, Japanese, and Celestial packs), as well as three inks: Kyoto Tag Sakura whatever (can't remember the name), Taccia light blue, and 3 Oysters Red Wine.

ilikenails
April 14th, 2020, 11:30 AM

My concern over clicker length wouldn't be opening it but the awkwardness of carrying something that long - combined, ironically, with a graspable body that may be too short because so much of the length has gone into the clicker.

Robert
April 14th, 2020, 11:52 AM
Bruno Taut wrote an interesting article on the Curidas last week. This is Part 3 of his coverage (with links to his previous articles on this pen):

http://estilofilos.blogspot.com/2020/04/curidas-3-analysis.html

Lady Onogaro
April 14th, 2020, 02:43 PM

My concern over clicker length wouldn't be opening it but the awkwardness of carrying something that long - combined, ironically, with a graspable body that may be too short because so much of the length has gone into the clicker.

Most of my fountain pens live at home, so it's not a problem for me.

grainweevil
April 15th, 2020, 03:02 AM

Most of my fountain pens live at home, so it's not a problem for me.

Likewise.

I'm also guessing ilikenails is a male of the species and thus is provided with pockets in his garments in which to carry things such as pens (of usual proportions). Being female, the clothing industry has decided that pockets are too complicated for my feeble mind and I would be hard-pressed to carry a bus ticket.

A couple of Curidases (Curidae?) have appeared at a more tempting price on ebay in the last week or so, but I found myself able to resist in both cases. So I think I am, at the moment, cured of Curidas curiosity.

ilikenails
April 15th, 2020, 06:12 AM
I'm also guessing ilikenails is a male of the species and thus is provided with pockets in his garments in which to carry things such as pens (of usual proportions). Being female, the clothing industry has decided that pockets are too complicated for my feeble mind and I would be hard-pressed to carry a bus ticket.

I understand that's set to change with this year's Paris collections -

https://cdn.animenewsnetwork.com/hotlink/images/cms/this-week-in-anime/126486/glt1.gif

Tres post-apocalyptique pour le covid dix-neuf!

grainweevil
April 15th, 2020, 06:30 AM
Magnifique! Mais où sont les masques (https://www.thelocal.fr/20200409/top-french-fashion-brands-start-making-free-face-masks)? :D

ilikenails
April 15th, 2020, 07:23 AM
Magnifique! Mais où sont les masques (https://www.thelocal.fr/20200409/top-french-fashion-brands-start-making-free-face-masks)? :D

Certainement!

https://livedoor.blogimg.jp/map117/imgs/c/a/cac1265f.jpg

Driften
May 1st, 2020, 10:42 AM
I got my Curidas yesterday and so far I am liking it. The M nib is pleasant and the pen feels mostly nice in the hand. The under nub can bother my support finger, but the edge of the section on a 3776 does that as well. I just have to learn to hold slightly farther back and it's comfortable to use. The clip position makes the clip a non-issue I don't notice it while writing unlike the VP. I can see the Curidas taking up home in the pen slot of my cargo shorts. I'm not going to sell off my VP's but I may use the Curidas more then them.

Robert
May 1st, 2020, 04:36 PM
I've lived with my Curidas for a few weeks now, and it's definitely a keeper. I've written quite a few pages with it, and I'm still on the first converter fill. Also, I've noticed that if it's not used for two or three days, it starts right up. All things considered, I have no complaints.

grainweevil
May 19th, 2020, 08:28 AM
Dunno of anyone else has seen this, but it seems there are reports of a bit of bother with cracked feeds in the Curidas (https://www.reddit.com/r/fountainpens/comments/gkvmcl/platinum_curidas_cracked_feeds/). A solution is apparently being sought, so owners might want to keep an eye out in case of a recall or other remedy that's offered in due course. Got to feel sorry for Platinum; launching a brand new pen in the middle of a pandemic, and then this.

sgphoto
May 19th, 2020, 09:31 AM
Dunno of anyone else has seen this, but it seems there are reports of a bit of bother with cracked feeds in the Curidas (https://www.reddit.com/r/fountainpens/comments/gkvmcl/platinum_curidas_cracked_feeds/). A solution is apparently being sought, so owners might want to keep an eye out in case of a recall or other remedy that's offered in due course. Got to feel sorry for Platinum; launching a brand new pen in the middle of a pandemic, and then this.

I saw several reports and videos of cracking in the feed. Waskisquirrel discovered a crack on his while doing a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz_99bPQEkM&t=425s

One report says a retailer found cracks in 50% of his stock and sent them back.

It remains to be seen whether Platinum didn't have QC on this pen, adequate testing, or knew and sent them out anyway. It will be interesting to see how Platinum and retailers handle this situation.

Noodler
May 19th, 2020, 10:38 AM
I believe the Curidas may be purchased for $80 at Pen Chalet.

grainweevil
May 19th, 2020, 10:43 AM
I saw several reports and videos of cracking in the feed.

And had you taken the time to share that, you could have saved me and my 0.26Mbps connection a lot of trouble. Thanks.

TSherbs
May 19th, 2020, 11:41 AM

And had you taken the time to share that, you could have saved me and my 0.26Mbps connection a lot of trouble. Thanks.I only saw these "reports" in the last three days, same places mentioned here. And other than through Waski yesterday, none of the info was first hand. This isn't old news, as far as I am aware. But I am usually behind the curve.

Honestly, that pen has looked like too much brittle plastic from the first time I saw it, and with moving plastic parts under some strain. How long is it likely to last, anyway?

Waski's picture of the cracked feed makes that build look like a POS to me for $80. But that is just me. I say send it back, get your money back, and don't buy another one.

sgphoto
May 19th, 2020, 11:43 AM

And had you taken the time to share that, you could have saved me and my 0.26Mbps connection a lot of trouble. Thanks.

That's one of the reasons I never buy a pen or just about anything else until it's been out for a while. I remember a line I heard when I was young referring to the opening of the Western territories in the early 1800s. "Scouts get the arrows." I prefer others to test drive and get the arrows.

As I'm not a fan of clickers I was made aware of the Curidas problem just yesterday when Waskisquirrel did his video. Then a little searching revealed many with the same problem.

sharmon202
May 19th, 2020, 12:48 PM
Has Platinum fixed the problem with Preppy caps cracking? And now another example. The lesson may just be not to by inexpensive Platinum pens?

grainweevil
May 19th, 2020, 03:29 PM
I haven't bought one, I was just trying to do a public service by passing on the info for the benefit of the membership. It appears others might have been as public spirited yesterday, or three days ago, and with considerably less trouble than I had. Sadly it seems dead horse flogging in threads of no value is more important on this forum these days.

TSherbs
May 19th, 2020, 03:39 PM
I haven't bought one, I was just trying to do a public service by passing on the info for the benefit of the membership. It appears others might have been as public spirited yesterday, or three days ago, and with considerably less trouble than I had. Sadly it seems dead horse flogging in threads of no value is more important on this forum these days.

okie dokie

sgphoto
May 31st, 2020, 09:54 AM
Platinum Curidas--The Woes Continue

https://www.gentlemanstationer.com/blog/2020/5/27/updating-prior-reviews-diamine-music-set-and-platinum-curidas

VertOlive
May 31st, 2020, 05:57 PM
Now very glad I dragged my feet so long and never bought one. In truth, I was waiting for the ridiculous $80 price to go down.

jodylud
June 1st, 2020, 06:30 AM
So far, so good... I purchased this 'Curidas in Prism Crystal demo with a F nib just a few weeks ago from Fahrney's Pens and am actually having quite a bit of fun with it. I immediately filled the included converter with Waterman Tender Purple ink to find the F nib performing very smooth right out of the box. Gotta love viewing the internal mechanics of this pen. :)