PDA

View Full Version : the threads for the blind cap

I like mango pudding
June 17th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Is it better to have brass (metal) threads that screw into the blind cap or plastic (black)? Or, is there any difference. I have my eye on a MB pen and it has the black threads, which I presume are plastic. I would also assume the that the brass (metal) threading would be more durable than plastic.

Or, does it make a difference?

jar
June 17th, 2013, 05:52 PM
The plastic threads on a Montblanc will indicate an older pen. The brass threads show up about 1990.

talkinghead
June 19th, 2013, 07:42 PM
The earlier models with plastic piston threads are perceptively lighter in the hand. For me, (and I don't post pens) that lighter weight makes a big difference in long writing sessions. All my 149's have the plastic piston threads (save for my 50's celluloids ). They are from the 60' and 70's....so 40-50 year old pens...the threads have not stripped or worn out yet...and probably not in my lifetime.

(Feels like deja vu all over again.....posted the same response, following jar, in that other pen board, in the forum once known as the Montblanc Forum, now known as " Is this Montblanc Fake Forum"..:crazy_pilot: )

Rick

I like mango pudding
June 19th, 2013, 08:51 PM
The earlier models with plastic piston threads are perceptively lighter in the hand. For me, (and I don't post pens) that lighter weight makes a big difference in long writing sessions. All my 149's have the plastic piston threads (save for my 50's celluloids ). They are from the 60' and 70's....so 40-50 year old pens...the threads have not stripped or worn out yet...and probably not in my lifetime.

(Feels like deja vu all over again.....posted the same response, following jar, in that other pen board, in the forum once known as the Montblanc Forum, now known as " Is this Montblanc Fake Forum"..:crazy_pilot: )

Rick

hehhh hehhhh...

yah. got your response there. thanks.

and yah, it seems like the MB forum has turned to the "is this fake forum"

... fascinating!!!!