PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question - Wahl Eversharp Doric - plunger fill

Annie
June 18th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Just taken delivery of this pen. Never come across one of these before and would appeciate some advice.

The plunger moves easily but as it has been sitting in a drawer for more than a decade, I need to clean it. Any advice on how to clean this pen? Anything else I should do before I attempt to ink it?

jar
June 18th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Lots and it's not really for the fainthearted. Start by reading this thread (http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/168273-taking-apartrepairing-plunger-filling-system-of-wahl-doric/?p=1683299) carefully.

Uncle Red
June 18th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Probably a good idea to have it serviced. It'll be a great pen when it's fixxed up. What nib did you get?

gweddig
June 18th, 2013, 02:47 PM
I have serviced one of these and I would agree with everything said by Uncle Red and Jar. I have done quite a few Sheaffer Vac-fills before trying the Doric, while similar in concept, I found it more difficult. I think it was my nervousness about the fragile material and the parts seem to be a bit more finicky.

What size did you get? Color? Nib?

Good luck,
--greg

Annie
June 18th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks Gentlemen. Having read that lot, I aint touching this with a long stick. I think it just needs servicing. I haven't actually paid the man for it yet but I'm not letting it get away. So, to the interesting stuff: Oh, here's a pic and you can fill in the blanks for yourselves...

gweddig
June 18th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Great looking pen, I hope it has as much barrel transparency as mine. What is the word on the nib above "Flexible"?

http://fpgeeks.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3558&d=1371592213

Annie
June 18th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Yours is great. The barrel on mine is nice and clear. The nib engraving reads 'Eversharp 14ct 0.585 FLEXIBLE Made in England.' I will send it off for a service rather than mess with it myself.

earthdawn
June 18th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Beautiful pens !!!

Give us a review when you get it back Annie... PLEASE !

I wana see how that nib handles.

And congrats on the new acquisition.

Annie
June 19th, 2013, 03:37 AM
Beautiful pens !!!

Give us a review when you get it back Annie... PLEASE !

I wana see how that nib handles.

And congrats on the new acquisition.

Thanks. A review will follow once it's back from servicing.