PDA

View Full Version : Who Out There Does Snorkel Restoration?

cuza
June 19th, 2013, 05:51 PM
My long time pen restorer-repairman is no longer available. Who would you suggest as a possible snorkel fill system restorer? I recently acquired a much neglected Sheaffer Masterpiece that I would like to put to use.

Do you have any good experiences with someone who'd make a likely candidate?

cuza

ardgedee
June 19th, 2013, 06:27 PM
I met Martin Ferguson (http://martinspens51.com/) at the Raleigh show a couple weeks ago, and attended his presentation on repairing snorkels. I'm not a customer (and not collecting Shaeffers right now) but I was impressed by the depth of his knowledge and skill with snorkels.

fountainpenkid
June 19th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Danny fudge for only $20 +shipping. He's good.

dgator
June 19th, 2013, 07:46 PM
1. I met Sherrell Tyree(http://www.ink-pen.com/services.php) at the Chicago Pen Show and attended her pen repair workshop. She is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to Snorkels.

2. Ron Zorn (http://mainstreetpens.com/pricelist.htm) another reputable source for Sheaffer pen repair.

Hope this helps.

cuza
June 20th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the names and information.

I have tried to contact Danny Fudge but without success.

Jon Szanto
June 20th, 2013, 10:31 AM
I have tried to contact Danny Fudge but without success.
I've just had work done a couple month back by Danny. If' you've tried emailing him, just give it a bit of time, sometimes he is a little slow. Maybe send one more msg just to make sure. Once you get things going, he does very good work at reasonable prices. And Zorn and Tyree are excellent resources as well.

southpaw52
June 20th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Great info thanks for sharing.

fountainpenkid
June 20th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Call danny maybe? He put his phone up at his website.

klpeabody
June 20th, 2013, 07:59 PM
I sent a Snorkel to Ron Zorn for restoration and was very happy with his work.
mainstreetpens.com
ron@mainstreetpens.com

spotted and speckled
June 20th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Ron Zorn or Martin Ferguson.

Jon Szanto
June 21st, 2013, 12:23 AM
Something that many people take into account: you weigh a balance between the 'reputation' and quality of the work, and the backlog of repairs. Some of the top repair people are well into *months* turn-around time for your pen to come back. I think the world of Zorn's work, but you won't have your pen back in 2 weeks.

fountainpenkid
June 21st, 2013, 10:44 AM
Something that many people take into account: you weigh a balance between the 'reputation' and quality of the work, and the backlog of repairs. Some of the top repair people are well into *months* turn-around time for your pen to come back. I think the world of Zorn's work, but you won't have your pen back in 2 weeks.

Zorn is at least 3 months.

Flounder
June 21st, 2013, 10:46 AM
I've bought repro Snork seals from Martin Ferguson (http://www.martinspens51.com/repairs.htm) before and was very impressed. If I had a really special one that needed fixing up, I wouldn't hesitate to send it off to him.

cuza
June 22nd, 2013, 10:04 AM
Thanks to all for the guidance.

cuza

Chi Town
June 25th, 2013, 01:10 AM
I just recently fixed 6 snorkels and one just landed on my desk this afternoon to be overhauled. So if your interested, I am open to the idea of fixing your pen.....

cuza
June 26th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I just recently fixed 6 snorkels and one just landed on my desk this afternoon to be overhauled. So if your interested, I am open to the idea of fixing your pen.....

May have to take you up on your offer. Emailed Fudge and Ferguson; no response. I can understand if they don't have time. Please send me a private message detailing your services and the cost along with shipping information. Thanks.

cuza

cuza
June 26th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Heard from M Ferguson. He's been busy with restorations and getting ready for the Miami Pen Show.

cuza
June 29th, 2013, 10:17 AM
the snorkel is on its way to Martin. thanks again, all.........

cuza

BamaPen
June 29th, 2013, 12:48 PM
You made the best choice! I have nothing but praise for Martin Ferguson.

ndw76
June 30th, 2013, 01:37 AM
I have had a Sheaffer Snorkel repaired by Aaron at Pentiques.com. I am happy with his work.