PDA

View Full Version : Esterbrook Transitional Sizes

Chuck Naill
March 3rd, 2020, 03:16 AM
I was not aware there were two sizes. Any information will be appreciated.

Scrawler
March 3rd, 2020, 01:26 PM
When I got a short one I thought someone had cut the original threads off to stop a crack.

Chuck Naill
March 3rd, 2020, 03:57 PM
Here is the finished restoration. Actually, the pen came unused. There was no evidence of a sac ever having been attached. The reason I got the pen was to get the 2788 medium flexible nib. Ironically, the 788 dip pen nib arrived on the same day.

The 2788 is a smooth writer and you can feel the flex. It lays down a nice, wet, broad script with little or no pressure required. I am pleased with this addition.

pajaro
April 8th, 2020, 07:14 PM
I have found regular J-sized transitional and SJ-sized transitional pens.

corgicoupe
November 29th, 2020, 07:51 PM
I have two 9128 nibs, one with the 9128 across the nib and having what I believe is an older feed, and the much more flexible nib with the 9128 engraved along the axis of the pen and having the later feed with the hole similar to the Sheaffer TD pens.

I have not yet learned to use the flex properly and resort to writing as though they are simply extra fine nibs, which is fine with me [pun intended].

Larry Barrieau
January 12th, 2021, 12:34 PM
Chuck Naill

Hi, I have some questions about this small transitional, please contact me. thank you.

yossiantokolitz
March 28th, 2023, 08:23 AM
Hi
Have most versions of transittional j but so far could find sj only with the smooth jewl (not the 3 ridges type). Does anyone know about when sj has appired?
Thanks
Yossi