PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS: Waterman 55 BCHR

FredRydr
March 22nd, 2020, 07:46 AM
SOLD: Waterman 55 black chased hard rubber. "55" on the barrel. No. 5 14k nib. "Clipper" accommodation clip; it's legit because there are no rivet holes in the cap for a clip. This is a project pen and needs restoration. The nib has a crack from the base to the 5 imprint, and should be laser welded (PM me for recommendation). (N.B. The 14k nib alone weighs 0.5 dwt.) Maker's imprint worn but legible. This is a great pen for the beginner restorer who wants to dive right in to the golden age of fountain pens at an affordable price. And this is a 55, not just a 52.

$55$45 Price includes shipping anywhere served by the USPS. More elsewhere. The first PM that reads "I'll take the 55" with your email address and shipping address holds it pending prompt payment of Square invoice emailed to you. Questions welcome but they do not hold the pen.

FredRydr
March 22nd, 2020, 07:48 AM
:P Free bump, and to let people know... the 55 isn't a "small/thin vintage pen", it's a nice healthy girth and as long as a Montblanc 149 (capped lengths compared, just not as thick as one) and about the same thickness as a lamy 2000.

Some comparison to other pens that users may know, with my Waterman 55 down at the end.

https://i.imgur.com/CIAaUDS.jpg
Thanks, KBreezie