PDA

View Full Version : mont blanc meisterstuck sterling silver fountain pen

Rsmith
June 23rd, 2013, 07:43 AM
Help! I just bought a new mont blanc meisterstuck sterling silver fountain pen that is a dry starter. I print so every stroke starts dry. I use Noodler's Bernanke Blue and Bernanke Black in this pen because I am left handed. I have tried Noodler's Rattler Red as well as Noodler's Gruiene Cactus Green. Same results. I am really surprised with a pen this expensive doesn't work. Any suggestions?

jar
June 23rd, 2013, 07:54 AM
Knowing what pen you bought would help with the suggestions. Which model did you buy? What is the filling system? What size nib did you buy? Have you contacted the dealer that you bought the pen from?

Chi Town
June 25th, 2013, 01:44 AM
I would try a different MFR's ink, as it seems that you are having issues with only one MFR....Waterman Blue seems to come to mind as a good ink for this problem in certain pens.....But just outta curiosity, have you looked at the nib with a loop? To see if you can see daylight from the center hole right on thru to the tip? There are a few things to check....ie - can you slide a paper between the feed and the nib easily? Or does it catch and stop at the beginning, which is a good thing....Have you washed the pen, the nib and converter (if there is one) in soap and water, and then rinse very well! Sometimes a converter can have "oils" still in them from manufacturing.....

Sorry, for being all over the place, but I am writing as things come to my mind!

DO NOT get into any nib adjustments if your pen is still under warranty, in my opinion....

Keep us posted on your results, ok?

mmahany
June 25th, 2013, 04:08 PM
The solitaire pens are no different than the basic resin pens from a functionality standpoint. That means that a basic 144 has the exact same nib, feed, etc as the sterling silver solitaire or any other solitaire for that matter.

Again, it depends which model you bought, but if it's a vintage pen the most likely cause is that it's clogged with old ink. Fortunately, the 144 fountain pens are extremely easy to clean. The 146 is a tiny bit tougher, but still not much trouble at all.

Post some pictures of the pen and we can give you a bit better direction and advice.