PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Bill

Stylographer916
June 24th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Dear FP Geeks,

Having joined the FP Geeks, I thought that I might introduce myself to the other members of the group.

I have been using fountain pens since I was a schoolboy. While I recall using various fountain pens in the lower grades at school, I vividly recall that in the sixth grade at my school we were required to purchase Osmiroids and learn italic handwriting. I took to it, and used that Osmiroid until well into my university career. In the early stages of postgraduate education, I was so fortunate as to purchase a Parker 65 which I still own, and which, for obvious reasons, has sentimental value for me. Over the years, after completing my university education, I used fountain pens in most of my day to day activities, although I eventually decided to keep my Parker 65 and other fountain pens at home. Of late, I have become more interested in Sheaffer pens along with Parker, as well as Pelikan and Lamy.

I have also begun to realize quite recently the importance of ink and paper to the whole writing experience, and have begun to devote some time to learning about ink and paper. One can see quite easily that these aspects of the fountain pen experience also require a good deal of attention and information in order to enjoy the writing experience as fully as possible.

That's about it. I look forward to meeting many of the other members, and to expanding the scope and range of my knowledge and experience relating to pens, ink, and paper.

Yours,

Bill Gerber

MisterBoll
June 24th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Welcome Bill. You'll find a mountain of information here.

KrazyIvan
June 24th, 2013, 10:49 AM
Welcome to the Dark side. Are you the Bill Gerber, as in film producer (Gran Torino)? If not, or you don't want to say, I understand, but feel welcome to the board.

Tracy Lee
June 24th, 2013, 10:57 AM
This is a great place, so welcome. No end to the possibilities, and if you have questions just ask. People here have been so helpful to me and don't poke fun at even the simplest inquiry. Look through the threads and you will find tons of info on paper and inks - we all have our preferences for one reason or another but you will find commonality. Nice to have you here!

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2

Greg Minuskin
June 24th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Welcome! You will find the folks here on the FP Geeks really fun, and friendly.

If there is something I can do for you, please let me know!

Greg Minuskin
www.gregminuskin.com
greg@gregminuskin.com

spotted and speckled
June 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Welcome Bill!!

GourmetPens
June 24th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Welcome! Thank you for the introduction - lovely to get to know other pen folks :)

cwent2
June 24th, 2013, 07:30 PM
:welcome:

earthdawn
June 25th, 2013, 12:43 AM
:welcome:

Great to have you with us !

Very friendly bunch here so feel free to jump right in.

fountainpenkid
June 25th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Welcome!

writingrav
June 25th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the madness Bill. Indulge!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

caribbean_skye
June 26th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Welcome welcome.

cedargirl
June 27th, 2013, 01:13 AM