PDA

View Full Version : Sans Ink

Dave
April 16th, 2020, 03:02 AM
No, it's not a new brand on the market!

Had to happen sooner or later. It's early morning here, the trusty old Lamy 2000 has run out of ink (Herbin Perle Noir) and the reserve Nalgene bottle is also now dry (I'm usually limited to how much stuff I can lug around). Despite the peripatetic nature of my life I usually manage to get relatively regular trips to places where ink is sold or can be collected at a post office. Not this time.

So, back to pencil and biro until I get the signal that Thunderbirds are go.

Probably most here are not facing this supply issue, but just in case anyone is, you're not alone!

grainweevil
April 16th, 2020, 03:56 AM
Good grief. I never ever thought to read such a thread. Out of ink? OUT OF INK?! My view of the general mass of FP users were they habitually had three times more ink than they could use in a lifetime. And that was just what they took with them for emergencies. I'm in a state of shock. Dark times indeed.

Is there no way to help relieve your sorry situation, Dave?

Fangfarrier
April 16th, 2020, 04:31 AM
Dave, where in the world are you? Maybe I can help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrissy
April 16th, 2020, 04:43 AM
PM me your address and I will send you some

manoeuver
April 16th, 2020, 04:57 AM
O my God.

I can send ink too.

have you done the old quarter piston turn water-ink reconstitution move?

Dave
April 16th, 2020, 05:19 AM
Current location does not have an accessible postal service inside a convenient range, and there are no scheduled supply drops unless there's an emergency. I don't think they will see this as an emergency!

Thanks for the offers guys, but no can do right now. Going to have to tough it out with lesser writing tools. It's not a major hassle really. In the words of Ms Gaynor: "I will survive".

Grainweevil - I haven't had a home base for quite some time, so don't have ink stashed. Usually just buy what I calculate I will need during each assignment. The use of the fountain pen is something of an affectation (not shared by colleagues) and not a requirement - of course - for my work.

Manoeuver - the "old quarter piston turn water-ink reconstitution move" is a new one for me. Will give it a try, though obviously will expect a grey ink instead of black. Good suggestion.

manoeuver
April 16th, 2020, 05:27 AM
Good luck Dave.

grainweevil
April 16th, 2020, 05:57 AM
have you done the old quarter piston turn water-ink reconstitution move?

Ooo, yes, good idea.

I don't think they will see this as an emergency!

Horror piled upon horror... :tsk:

I am, of course, typing a trifle tongue in cheek. But it does make a change to read of ink acquisition based on immediate need. Very old school! Except the old school would have had some to borrow. :( Anyway, I echo manoeuver's good luck while consumed with wondering what remote location you find yourself in. No, don't tell me! It may spoil the mental image I have of you frolicking with Antarctic penguins.

Marsilius
April 16th, 2020, 11:59 AM
Just curious: Can one make safe fountain pen ink out of Easter egg dye?

Fangfarrier
April 16th, 2020, 03:49 PM
Current location does not have an accessible postal service inside a convenient range, and there are no scheduled supply drops unless there's an emergency. I don't think they will see this as an emergency!

Thanks for the offers guys, but no can do right now. Going to have to tough it out with lesser writing tools. It's not a major hassle really. In the words of Ms Gaynor: "I will survive".

Grainweevil - I haven't had a home base for quite some time, so don't have ink stashed. Usually just buy what I calculate I will need during each assignment. The use of the fountain pen is something of an affectation (not shared by colleagues) and not a requirement - of course - for my work.

Manoeuver - the "old quarter piston turn water-ink reconstitution move" is a new one for me. Will give it a try, though obviously will expect a grey ink instead of black. Good suggestion.

Where are you? Antarctica? Is your drop via Stanley?

KBeezie
April 17th, 2020, 01:09 AM
It just feels weird to know someone who doesn't have some kind of minor hoard of ink stashed away...

manoeuver
April 17th, 2020, 03:52 AM
Just curious: Can one make safe fountain pen ink out of Easter egg dye?
I don't know about that but I do imagine food coloring might be OK.
Maybe I try that today with one of my cheapie pens.

manoeuver
April 17th, 2020, 06:10 AM
Here ya go.

https://youtu.be/k07bHuCX2DQ

ethernautrix
April 17th, 2020, 06:20 AM
I'm going to go against the usual current of fp fora and confess that I'm finally admitting that a fountain pen isn't always THE best choice for me while on bike trips, even though I still carry a fountain pen (or four). For stopping and quickly scribbling down a street name (hahaha, quickly scribbling down a street name, like "marszal Józefa Piłsudskiego" or "Gwiażdzista" or "Powstańców Śląskich" or "Szolc-Rogozińskiego" -- hahaha, if I didn't know better, I would imagine Polish street signs were as big as billboards), I've started to carry and use a Pilot Hi-tecpoint V5 RT with a needle-tip refill.

So... while it sucks not to be able to use a favorite pen for a while, at least there are alternatives. It would be hell not to have ANY writing tool. Count yer blessings and go with...what you have.

*Smiley*

azkid
April 17th, 2020, 09:33 AM
I'm going to go against the usual current of fp fora and confess that I'm finally admitting that a fountain pen isn't always THE best choice for me while on bike trips, ...

Waaaaaat?? *GASP*

Kidding. No I get it. I'm not taking my fountain pens four wheeling, hiking or camping. Ok, actually, I will but I won't expect them to perform like a pencil or ballpoint (shudder), or gel pen or whatnot. I've sort of become enamored of vintage mechanical pencils though so I will probably go that route henceforth.

Meanwhile... I've read about using coffee for ink but I don't recall details. If I'm ever out of coffee I will just give up and let the wolves or zombies or whatever take me.

manoeuver
April 17th, 2020, 09:59 AM
Meanwhile... I've read about using coffee for ink but I don't recall details. If I'm ever out of coffee I will just give up and let the wolves or zombies or whatever take me.

I've so far been unable to get coffee dark enough to use as ink, and I've got the means if anybody does.

Marsilius
April 17th, 2020, 10:20 AM
No, it's not a new brand on the market!

Only now am I remembering the term "sansabelt" and thinking that we are indeed trying to find you a "sansa-ink". (I admit that sometimes one of those Pilot or Uni-ball ink pens works better than a number of my fountain pens.) Be well, Peripatetic Dave.

aquafox
April 18th, 2020, 02:39 AM
To be brutally honest I too tend not to have one bottle of ink at a time.
Usually it is black, blue is ballpoint only.

hogwldfltr
April 18th, 2020, 09:38 AM
eBay and Amazon come to mind.

Dave
April 19th, 2020, 03:32 PM
Big storm, technical issues, all the fun of field work.

Where were we? Tried the quarter turn thing with water, and for a day or so got a sort of acceptable grey ink, but it's too faint now. No matter.

hogwldfltr, see post #6 :) Using Amazon would be ironic.

Dave
April 22nd, 2020, 05:08 PM
Been reading through some reviews and wonder if I may be better off swapping out the Lamy 2000 for a Pilot pen with the posting nib. When I get back to places with shops. The ink would last longer, and my writing can accommodate the finer nib easily I should think. When I get back to civilisation that is. Don't know if that kind of Pilot pen is as durable as the Lamy. I do have a capless Pilot but don't travel with it because it has too many moving parts, compared to the Lamy, that could get damaged in harsher environments.

manoeuver
April 23rd, 2020, 05:25 AM
Been reading through some reviews and wonder if I may be better off swapping out the Lamy 2000 for a Pilot pen with the posting nib. When I get back to places with shops. The ink would last longer, and my writing can accommodate the finer nib easily I should think. When I get back to civilisation that is. Don't know if that kind of Pilot pen is as durable as the Lamy. I do have a capless Pilot but don't travel with it because it has too many moving parts, compared to the Lamy, that could get damaged in harsher environments.

this could be a very good move.

Pilot cartridges hold a good amount of ink, and the con 70 converter is really really big, so be sure to grab one of the pens that can take it.

Pilot inks are very dependable and work flawlessly in Pilot pens, I'm talking the regular-ass black and blue (and blue-black) that come in bottles and carts.

I haven't used a PO nib but I can attest that the Pilot F and EF nibs sip ink.

If you want a nearly everlasting setup for just a few bucks, grab a Pilot Penmanship and eyedrop fill it with Pilot Black.

Dave
May 9th, 2020, 03:22 PM
It's now been 4 weeks without ink. Doesn't impact on my ability to carry out my tasks, only reduces (slightly) the enjoyment of writing my personal log. On reflection, seeing as it's not a true hardship in any meaningful sense, perhaps taking a fountain pen on field trips is not such a great idea anyway.

azkid
May 9th, 2020, 05:23 PM
To my way of thinking it's more a question of bringing enough ink :)

VertOlive
May 9th, 2020, 06:09 PM
1. Do you have access to any wild berries?

2. Can you lay hands on an oak gall, beer, and an iron nail?

3. Bleed a little into the ink bottle, hemolyze it with a squirt of water, you have ink.

Lloyd
May 11th, 2020, 03:05 PM
3. Bleed a little into the ink bottle, hemolyze it with a squirt of water, you have ink.

You might prefer to use someone else's blood.

Stands on Feet
May 12th, 2020, 02:45 PM

But be very careful what you sign with it. :)

Dave
May 19th, 2020, 02:00 PM
Got our marching orders yesterday. We are going further in. It's going to be a long (time wise) and no doubt energy-sapping overland trip further west and south, probably involving a variety of poorly maintained vehicles, feet, and assorted pack animals. The rivers aren't running in favourable directions this time, which is a pity as cruising in a dugout is a lot easier and more relaxing.

No chance of any ink deliveries, the pen is now safely ziplocked away. No matter.

I'll be out of contact for a while, because of the travel to start with, and then there is a very busy time while we set up a new camp, collecting station and field lab.

The fun still far outweighs the frustration!

So long folks - as I am no longer a pen user, I may not return for quite some time (not quite in the spirit of Captain Oates though!).

VertOlive
May 19th, 2020, 02:12 PM
Got our marching orders yesterday.

So long folks - as I am no longer a pen user, I may not return for quite some time (not quite in the spirit of Captain Oates though!).

So you’re in the Antarctic then?

Fangfarrier
May 19th, 2020, 03:14 PM
Got our marching orders yesterday.

So you’re in the Antarctic then?

Amazon

Dave
May 19th, 2020, 03:24 PM
Good guess, and close!

VertOlive, not Antarctic... yet. You never know what direction may be chosen though. (Sorry, just used the Oates thing thoughtlessly)

grainweevil
May 19th, 2020, 03:38 PM
You don't want to get lost in one of those Amazon warehouses, Titus Dave. Take care. And give the penguins a high five, or rather flipper, should you get there.

Dave
June 19th, 2020, 10:31 PM
New camp set up. Have moved further south, much further. Probability of sighting penguins is rising! Still no ink though: the small towns we passed didn't stock anything, and we weren't staying anyplace long enough to make a postal order - which could have been done in advance had we known which route we were taking, though the mail delays might have rendered even such foresight moot.

What's been going on with you guys?

Jon Szanto
June 19th, 2020, 10:51 PM

I have 100% more ink than I have penguins.

Fermata
June 20th, 2020, 01:13 AM

My father once told me that you can never be certain about anything and any statement should be qualified.

I suggest an amendment to 'I have 100% more ink than I have penguins as far as I know'.

Chrissy
June 20th, 2020, 02:14 AM

My father once told me that you can never be certain about anything and any statement should be qualified.

I suggest an amendment to 'I have 100% more ink than I have penguins as far as I know'.
I think that maybe your father's statement itself should be subject to qualification. ;)
As Tom Stoppard said "From principles is derived probability, but truth or certainty is obtained only from facts."

I could also say that I have 100% more ink than I have penguins. This is a fact I know because I know I have ink and I know I don't have any penguins. ;)

Fermata
June 20th, 2020, 04:02 AM

I think that maybe your father's statement itself should be subject to qualification. ;)
As Tom Stoppard said "From principles is derived probability, but truth or certainty is obtained only from facts."

I could also say that I have 100% more ink than I have penguins. This is a fact I know because I know I have ink and I know I don't have any penguins. ;)

At the risk of being pedantic and being called a maths genius, 100% of nothing is still nothing.

grainweevil
June 20th, 2020, 04:07 AM
Probability of sighting penguins is rising!

:cheer2:

Good to hear you're safely in your new camp spot, Dave. But sorry the journey failed to take you past a previously undiscovered ink factory, or even just a bottle in a local shop. Such are the limitations of 21stC life. :tsk:

I can be fairly confident that I currently have more ink than penguins, but it's grocery delivery day on Tuesday, so that could change (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penguin_(biscuit)).

Chrissy
June 20th, 2020, 04:34 AM

Good to hear you're safely in your new camp spot, Dave. But sorry the journey failed to take you past a previously undiscovered ink factory, or even just a bottle in a local shop. Such are the limitations of 21stC life. :tsk:

I can be fairly confident that I currently have more ink than penguins, but it's grocery delivery day on Tuesday, so that could change (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penguin_(biscuit)).
Not that long ago I decided to try a chocolate biscuit Penguin again after many years without having eaten one. I was disappointed. It was far too sweet for my current tastes. :(

grainweevil
June 20th, 2020, 06:48 AM

Not that long ago I decided to try a chocolate biscuit Penguin again after many years without having eaten one. I was disappointed. It was far too sweet for my current tastes. :(

I believe the Aussie "Tim Tam" is the connoisseurs' choice for the closest thing to the Penguin experience of yore, but I daresay the Penguin experience of yore was, indeed, pretty darn sweet. I fear, these days, the best thing about them is the name. :(

And I've just realised I may actually have more Penguins (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penguin_Books) than ink after all! But not more Pelicans than Pelikans. :D

Jon Szanto
June 20th, 2020, 11:22 AM

At the risk of being pedantic and being called a maths genius, 100% of nothing is still nothing.

To have humorous asides dissected is so dispiriting.

In my small existence, the amount of space (in all manifestations of that term) that is allotted for ink is completely full. It is at capacity, and I consider it 100% completed with no room to expand. I have, precisely , ZERO penguins. As I desire, seek and expect to have not even one more penguin than I currently have, I strongly believe that the ratio between inks and penguins will not change. 100% ink, 0% penguins. I'm sticking with this assessment and statement.

(P.S. I'm just having fun here, I'm not upset or anything!)

VertOlive
June 20th, 2020, 11:46 AM
Here we have oodles of Pelicans, but just the one Pelikan ...

Jon Szanto
June 20th, 2020, 11:54 AM
Here we have oodles of Pelicans, but just the one Pelikan ...

oodles (c/k)

VertOlive
June 20th, 2020, 02:58 PM
Ok, “brief, pod, pouch, scoop, or squadrons of pelicans” :rolleyes:

Dave
November 2nd, 2020, 10:29 PM
Just after 2am here. Can't sleep because something is astir in the bushes! No idea what it is, and it's also quite difficult to locate by sound. The environment kinda soaks up the vibrations and pings them back from all or any random direction. No doubt there will be some trail sign for us to consider with the morning's cup of joe.

Oh, yeah, either the smoke signals got high enough or the pigeon got through because a colleague caught up with us and she had... a bottle of Noodler's Heart of Darkness. So the Lamy is back in action! The bottle holds a bit more ink than I normally carry, but I guess I can make an exception this time round. The Lamy 2000 has been quite a long time without fluids, so I flushed with some water first and we're off and running.

Still no penguins... not close enough to a coast for that, and I don't think many of them will want to make a traverse of the continent just for our benefit.

Oh, yeah, part deux... I'm back online too for a bit. Was exceptionally busy and now a small amount of down time (less intensive tasks rather than nothing to do).

Good grief! The list under 'What's New' is HUGE. Anyone want to summarize the important points since I've been missing (4 months now)?

Edit for advice: do you think it's worth diluting the ink to make it last longer?

Mustang Mars
November 3rd, 2020, 02:00 AM
So where are you again Dave? I lost track reading all the posts.

Empty_of_Clouds
November 3rd, 2020, 03:44 AM
Tons of penguins here - the birds not the biscuits - if you decide to move laterally! :) I have an L2k too, great pen and it doesn't surprise me that it can stand up to the rigours of a lot of travelling. Nice choice.

manoeuver
November 3rd, 2020, 04:48 AM
So where are you again Dave? I lost track reading all the posts.

It's a secret!

Just after 2am here. Can't sleep because something is astir in the bushes! No idea what it is, and it's also quite difficult to locate by sound. The environment kinda soaks up the vibrations and pings them back from all or any random direction. No doubt there will be some trail sign for us to consider with the morning's cup of joe.

Oh, yeah, either the smoke signals got high enough or the pigeon got through because a colleague caught up with us and she had... a bottle of Noodler's Heart of Darkness. So the Lamy is back in action! The bottle holds a bit more ink than I normally carry, but I guess I can make an exception this time round. The Lamy 2000 has been quite a long time without fluids, so I flushed with some water first and we're off and running.

Still no penguins... not close enough to a coast for that, and I don't think many of them will want to make a traverse of the continent just for our benefit.

Oh, yeah, part deux... I'm back online too for a bit. Was exceptionally busy and now a small amount of down time (less intensive tasks rather than nothing to do).

Good grief! The list under 'What's New' is HUGE. Anyone want to summarize the important points since I've been missing (4 months now)?

Edit for advice: do you think it's worth diluting the ink to make it last longer?
If you think you'll run out, sure. Lots of folks dilute their Noodlers for other reasons too: usually to A:make the ink a little less saturated, or B: get it to write a little drier.
experiment and let us know what you think.
Good to see you Dave, hope you're keeping safe.

grainweevil
November 3rd, 2020, 08:26 AM
Dave! I was wondering how you were getting on but hadn't managed to locate this thread to revive it and send out a bat signal. Excellent news on the ink front; disappointing vis-a-vis the penguins. :D Noodler's inks seem generally pretty dilution friendly, so I think it'd be a safe bet. Better that than being sans ink again. Although are you really at risk with a bottle of Noodler's? That's quite a lot of ink, unless things have reached a point where you've started drinking it...

SlowMovingTarget
November 3rd, 2020, 10:06 AM
...a bottle of Noodler's Heart of Darkness...

Excellent ink! Hopefully it's the 4.5 oz bottle and will last a bit.

Mustang Mars
November 3rd, 2020, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE=manoeuver;305687]

It's a secret!

Secret place with Wifi / Sat Phone....intriguing....

Ole Juul
November 3rd, 2020, 05:00 PM
[QUOTE=manoeuver;305687]

It's a secret!

Well it's a place with bushes away from the coast, so it's not the South pole, nor a boat or submarine. But indeed there are lots of places with no road access.

Mustang Mars
November 3rd, 2020, 07:03 PM
[QUOTE=manoeuver;305687]

It's a secret!

Well it's a place with bushes away from the coast, so it's not the South pole, nor a boat or submarine. But indeed there are lots of places with no road access.

Oh well, as long as Dave's got ink

Dave
November 4th, 2020, 02:49 AM
It's a secret!

A BGAN terminal allows connection from pretty much anywhere. Expensive, as in not something to buy as an individual, but nice when it has been funded for the job. That doesn't mean I get to spend a lot of time on it, and it is shared with the rest of the team.

Mustang Mars
November 5th, 2020, 04:46 PM
It's a secret!

A BGAN terminal allows connection from pretty much anywhere. Expensive, as in not something to buy as an individual, but nice when it has been funded for the job. That doesn't mean I get to spend a lot of time on it, and it is shared with the rest of the team.

Inmarsat

junglejim
November 6th, 2020, 07:23 PM
Sounds a bit like South Georgia Islands, near the Falklands.

Fangfarrier
November 7th, 2020, 02:35 AM
Sounds a bit like South Georgia Islands, near the Falklands.

Nope. There are penguins everywhere there. Dave can’t be further away from the coast than penguins. My guess is he is still on the South American continent.

Dave
April 9th, 2021, 02:55 AM
Breakfast time at 5am(!), and a kindly person of some lengthy acquaintance has remembered her poor inkless friend and passed on a couple of packs of Waterman Intense black in yesterday's supply drop. Sixteen carts. Now have to get the ink from there into the Lamy 2000... a piston filler ?! Will have to misappropriate a syringe and a needle. We all become junkies at some point.

Noticed my last post was early Nov 2020. Time flies when you're up to your knees in bugs and stuff! :) Any huge dramas between then and now?

If the weather clears we may get a distant glimpse of Pacific waters!

grainweevil
April 9th, 2021, 04:42 AM
Hello, Dave! Just a few days ago I thought "Wonder how Dave's getting on with the penguins?" - and here you are. How'd you fair with the Noodlers HoD?

As to dramas, I think you just missed FPN suffering a lengthy outage and the resulting influx here. Followed by the inevitable idiot behaviour by several. Contrary to the widely held belief that it's nigh on impossible to be banned from this forum, someone managed it! :facepalm:

penwash
April 9th, 2021, 09:09 AM
I think this thread should have been titled: "Where in the World is Dave?"

:)

Glad to hear you managed to at least acquire some ink at last.

Although I wonder if you're actually very close to some ingredients that people made ink with in ancient times, you know, like sea snails, squid / octopus, berries, leaves, etc.

Dave
April 9th, 2021, 02:44 PM
Hello, Dave! Just a few days ago I thought "Wonder how Dave's getting on with the penguins?" - and here you are. How'd you fair with the Noodlers HoD?

As to dramas, I think you just missed FPN suffering a lengthy outage and the resulting influx here. Followed by the inevitable idiot behaviour by several. Contrary to the widely held belief that it's nigh on impossible to be banned from this forum, someone managed it! :facepalm:

It's been a tiring day, but to answer your question, the Noodler's HoD was doing just fine until a team member who won't be named managed to knock the bottle over. Lost most of it, there's a patch of soil back there that's going to be black for a while! In terms of use it lasted until late January of this year. Didn't update you guys as we have been exceptionally busy.

The banning: doesn't sound too surprising. As I recall from reading stuff when I joined, there are rules and so on. No doubt a moderator felt a line had been crossed somewhere. I am a curious George but don't see any threads about it, not that I'm looking that hard either.

Time to go. Food's a cooking, no beers though, damnit.

kaliuzhkin
April 9th, 2021, 04:52 PM

Jon, this makes no sense at all.

If you have 2 inks, then you have 1 penguin. If you have 4 inks, you have 2 penguins and so on. If you have no inks, then you don't have any penguins.

Jon Szanto
April 9th, 2021, 05:40 PM

If you have 2 inks, then you have 1 penguin. If you have 4 inks, you have 2 penguins and so on. If you have no inks, then you don't have any penguins.

You know, you are just no fun. All my penguins agree.

kaliuzhkin
April 9th, 2021, 06:24 PM

One of the major experiences in my life was getting bitten by a penguin at the Bronx Zoo. So I'm on the side of penguins.

Sorry for being no fun. (Although my comment was tongue in cheek.) My undergraduate degree was in Math. I'm particularly sensitive to GROSS misunderstandings of numbers.

BayesianPrior
April 9th, 2021, 06:27 PM

Fractional penguins and disingenuous rounding could make this work.

Remember, 2+2=5 for large values of 2!

Jon Szanto
April 9th, 2021, 06:38 PM

One of the major experiences in my life was getting bitten by a penguin at the Bronx Zoo. So I'm on the side of penguins.

Sorry for being no fun. (Although my comment was tongue in cheek.) My undergraduate degree was in Math. I'm particularly sensitive to GROSS misunderstandings of numbers.

Hehe... I took no offense. OTOH, unlike you I have had a very, very difficult and lifelong relationship with math. Always bothered me, and considering I ended up being a drummer (percussionist) for a career and rhythm is just fractionally dividing up time, you think it would be more innate.

Not for me.

And because of that, I developed a sincere inferiority complex about numerical things not being transparent to me on a conceptual level. I was good with spacial stuff (geometry) to a better extent. The worst part was, mid-life, going back for a software degree and having to take a few math courses to catch up for what didn't transfer from my other degree. Exceedingly painful but I made it. A couple of great profs, but I am certain that until my dying day, parsing mathematical constructs will never, ever be anything but opaque to me.

I'll go back to studying my SCOREs now.

mizgeorge
April 9th, 2021, 07:04 PM
Whilst we're on the subject. I know a guy in Devon who used to volunteer at the local residential home for special needs children.

They took some of them on a day trip to the zoo at Exmoor, which was a huge success. When they got back to the home and unloaded the minibus, everything just got dumped in the utility room. A staff member went in and was surprised at how wet the floor was. She noticed that a bag belonging to one of the boys was very damp. When she picked it up, she also noticed that it was very heavy.

Yep, the kid had stolen a penguin. He liked it so much he put it in his bag to take home and then forgot about it.

The penguin was fine, but sadly the entire waddle died about five years ago after an outbreak of avian malaria. I don't think they've ever replaced them.

kaliuzhkin
April 9th, 2021, 07:49 PM
I'm surprised Rick Propas hasn't chimed in on this avian topic.

grainweevil
April 10th, 2021, 01:03 AM
It's been a tiring day, but to answer your question, the Noodler's HoD was doing just fine until a team member who won't be named managed to knock the bottle over. Lost most of it, there's a patch of soil back there that's going to be black for a while!

Ack! That may be the only Noodler's accident where the resulting mess was the least important thing. So inkless since January? That makes those Waterman carts very precious indeed.

The banning: doesn't sound too surprising. As I recall from reading stuff when I joined, there are rules and so on. No doubt a moderator felt a line had been crossed somewhere. I am a curious George but don't see any threads about it, not that I'm looking that hard either.

Moderator? Rarer than penguins in Jon's ink stash. Look for the "FPN Refuges Status Area" thread in The Lounge if you want a lonnnnng read. Although it may have been "post removed" into incomprehensibility and reading it without beer is probably highly inadvisable.