PDA

View Full Version : As we're in lockdown...

oldstoat
April 19th, 2020, 11:39 AM
I've started photographing some of my pens. Here, for a warmup, is a lovely pen by John Twiss which I bought at last year's Lomdon Show from the man himself. It's in a lovely snakeskin cellulose and writes like a dream.

rickap
April 19th, 2020, 01:17 PM
That is a beauty! Great photography too!

Thanks

Marsilius
April 19th, 2020, 04:14 PM
Love, love, love the design and the snakeskin. That is my grail pattern.

RWS
April 20th, 2020, 01:17 AM
Lovely pen, sharp photo.

manoeuver
April 20th, 2020, 04:47 AM
very cool pen and effective photography,

ethernautrix
April 20th, 2020, 06:14 AM
John was at last year's Pen Show in Katowice, Poland, and he showed many beautiful pens. Well, you would know. (Smiley) I admired especially a gray one with that pattern, and he showed me a photo of a blue one he had sold. Maybe that was yours. In the photo, it's beautiful, but in the hand? Gorgeous! (I mean, extrapolating from the gorgeousness of the gray one.)

Lucky you!

I mean, not "lucky"... you know what I mean. Thanks for sharing!

oldstoat
April 20th, 2020, 09:44 AM
John was at last year's Pen Show in Katowice, Poland, and he showed many beautiful pens. Well, you would know. (Smiley) I admired especially a gray one with that pattern, and he showed me a photo of a blue one he had sold. Maybe that was yours. In the photo, it's beautiful, but in the hand? Gorgeous! (I mean, extrapolating from the gorgeousness of the gray one.)

Lucky you!

I mean, not "lucky"... you know what I mean. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks it is lovely to hold too and some how John has mastered the art of making pens that are so easy to write with that they feel like part of your hand. I do enjoy using them and may post a couple more pictures of his pens.

RWS
April 20th, 2020, 11:20 AM
Please, please, pretty pretty please.

oldstoat
April 22nd, 2020, 07:24 AM
As you asked, RWS..

I bought this at another London Show about 4 or 5 years ago. The design caught my eye, especially the finial. I also like the way the cap and body sit flush so it looks seamless when shut. The conical shape makes posting easy and I like to post my pens. I don't know where the acrylic came from but it reminds me of some of the Conway Stewart acrylics; in any event, it looks good to me. The nib is marked as a generic IPG but is smooth and a joy to use.