PDA

View Full Version : WTB Yard-O-Led Viceroy Grand Victorian

sgphoto
April 23rd, 2020, 09:23 AM
WTB Yard-O-Led Viceroy Grand Victorian, Broad nib.

New, Like new, Mint only. With all papers and box. No damage, scratches, or any problems considered.

sgphoto
April 27th, 2020, 06:03 AM
Thanks to those who PM'd me with information. I'm happy to report I've found a new one at a very good price that should arrive by week's end.

Cheers,
Sg

Brilliant Bill
April 27th, 2020, 12:28 PM
Wish I'd known it was that easy a few years ago when I wanted to buy one!! After a few months, I gave up.

Congratulations. And now you have the burden of maintenance with Sterling Silver!

sgphoto
April 27th, 2020, 01:42 PM
Thanks.

I looked around for a grail pen after getting my stimulus check, but couldn't find one that excited me. I'm not big into acrylics or precious resins but do like metal pens. After watching a few SBRE Brown reviews of the Yard-O-Led pens, I decided that would be the one.

I started looking last Thursday and by Saturday night found a new one at a very good price.

Actually, polishing is relaxing to me of an evening while listening to good music (Beethoven, Wagner, Elgar, etc). I do the same using diamond stones to sharpen good knives.It's very tactile and therapeutic when I get into the flow.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Sg

sjssf
April 28th, 2020, 09:23 AM
I've been able to get all of my Yard-o-Led pens at a fraction of the normal price. I search constantly on eBay And do Google searches regularly. Well I did. I'm embarrassed to say I have everything I want now, which is a lot.
There is some sport involved in finding them at a good price but more than anything I can't get over how well they write. They flow beautifully and for the way I write, they can't be beat.

sgphoto
April 28th, 2020, 10:01 AM
I wish I could have got one for less, but the used ones I saw were scratched, nicked, and generally looked untidy. If I had bought one of those I would have only noticed the imperfections and regretted not buying new. For a little more money I got a new one at well below anybody's retail asking price here in the US with the proviso I do not reveal where I got my deal.

The extra I spent over a used Yard-O-Led is already forgotten. I've saved so much money during the lockdown it was easy to go ahead with the purchase.

I'm not a Parker, Sheaffer, Montblanc, or most acrylic, plastic, or 'precious resin' enthusiast. I prefer ebonites and metal pens so the Yard-O-Led seemed a natural choice for my habits.

I also love scouting for bargains and I buy used pens where possible and don't mind a few imperfections. For this grail pen, I wanted an out-of-the-box perfection that will last my lifetime.

Cheers,
SG

Apie
May 6th, 2020, 01:06 PM
A Yard-O-Led Retro Grand has been my daily writer for over 10 years. Enjoy!

sgphoto
May 6th, 2020, 04:01 PM
A Yard-O-Led Retro Grand has been my daily writer for over 10 years. Enjoy!

Thanks. It's the best nib (18k broad) I've ever used. Fairly floats across the page. I may need to look at other Y-O-L models down the road.

Brilliant Bill
May 7th, 2020, 09:58 AM
Are you ever going to show a picture of this silvery treasure?

sgphoto
May 7th, 2020, 10:27 AM
Per your request here's the beauty.