PDA

View Full Version : Honey Bees

countrydirt
April 25th, 2020, 03:53 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200425/6a3cfecbaf12a9a03c87b05b41292c8f.jpg

I just hived up a package of honey bees this morning. Pretty excited for this new undertaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silverlifter
April 25th, 2020, 03:58 PM
I've just finished a couple of slices of toast with butter and honey from our hives on them. Delicious!

And, they are such cool insects to have around the garden for so many other reasons.

grainweevil
April 25th, 2020, 04:51 PM
Ooo, exciting times. They say nothing beats the first taste of your own hive's honey. :thumb:

Always pleased to see honey bees in the garden, and, indeed, bees of all sorts. They're all going mad for the cotoneaster at the moment, as usual, and then the blackbirds will go nuts for the subsequent berries in September/October. Good times.

Johnny_S
April 25th, 2020, 10:26 PM
Yesterday I lifted the biggest bee I have ever seen out of my pond, it was floating on the surface. I put it on the grass in the sun, it soon recovered, I swear that I got a high five as a thank you.

Waski_the_Squirrel
April 25th, 2020, 11:05 PM
I love bees! I plant borage in my garden specifically to draw them in! I would enjoy a hive or two in my yard, but I know that in town this is difficult.

manoeuver
April 26th, 2020, 03:36 AM
good luck you and good luck bees! I love bees too.

azkid
April 26th, 2020, 07:10 AM
Fantastic. A friend of mine is a beekeeper too. Love those little guys. They need all the help we can give them. Our back yard is xeric with several favorite plants and I always enjoy seeing the bumblebees and honeybees foraging. Best of luck.