PDA

View Full Version : Nakaya Piccolo Heki-tamenuri

dannzeman
June 25th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens: EF-S 60mm f2.8 USM
Exposure: 10s at f/7.1
ISO: 200

My lighting setup is really poor, so in an attempt to reduce noise I shoot with a low ISO and extended shutter time. The problem is with having the shutter open for so long that any movement of the camera will destroy the sharpness of the image.

ethernautrix
June 25th, 2013, 08:45 PM
Looks like a DREAM!

earthdawn
June 25th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Looks beautiful from here !!!

Whats the symbol mean?

Robert
June 26th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Danzeman wrote:
"My lighting setup is really poor, so in an attempt to reduce noise I shoot with a low ISO and extended shutter time. The problem is with having the shutter open for so long that any movement of the camera will destroy the sharpness of the image."

Very nice pen, Dan. Regarding camera movement, have you thought about getting a small tabletop tripod? I use a small GorillaPod. They come in various sizes/price points and work great: joby gorillapod slr zoom

jacksterp
June 26th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Beautiful pen AND beautiful photo.

AndyT
June 27th, 2013, 04:05 AM
A very nice slice of focus Dan, good photograph. Must admit that the exposure settings made me do a double take ... :)

dannzeman
June 27th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Danzeman wrote:
"My lighting setup is really poor, so in an attempt to reduce noise I shoot with a low ISO and extended shutter time. The problem is with having the shutter open for so long that any movement of the camera will destroy the sharpness of the image."

Very nice pen, Dan. Regarding camera movement, have you thought about getting a small tabletop tripod? I use a small GorillaPod. They come in various sizes/price points and work great: joby gorillapod slr zoom
I have it on a quality tripod (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/828712-REG/Vanguard_ALTA_PRO_263AGH_Alta_Pro_263AGH_3_Section .html), but at such a long exposure even the vibrations from someone walking across the room will cause a little camera shake. I really just need a better light setup.

quinden
June 27th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Very nice!

Tony Rex
June 27th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Whats the symbol mean?

That is pronounced mi ya ko.. So it's Lisa's pen! It can also refers to the capital city e.g. Tokyo.