PDA

View Full Version : Big Apple Pen Club cancels meeting

welch
April 29th, 2020, 11:06 AM
New York's Big Apple Pen Club cancelled it's April meeting, and, from what I read, will probably cancel in May, as well.

BAPC normally meets the second Thursday of the month at Bard Hall, a university residence hall a few blocks west of Columbus Circle. Bard Hall has been in lock-down, of course.

Tim Ettenheim will tell us when BAPC will meet next, and I'll pass it along.

carlos.q
April 29th, 2020, 03:07 PM
Have you considered having a videoconference meeting through an app like Zoom? You could even invite somebody from another country to talk about foreign pens or maybe even a famous nibmeister to show off some tricks.

This pandemic is going to last a long time. I believe it's necessary to search for alternatives or else "physical distancing" will become real "social distancing"...

welch
April 30th, 2020, 07:37 AM
Have you considered having a videoconference meeting through an app like Zoom? You could even invite somebody from another country to talk about foreign pens or maybe even a famous nibmeister to show off some tricks.

This pandemic is going to last a long time. I believe it's necessary to search for alternatives or else "physical distancing" will become real "social distancing"...

Good idea. I'll pass it on to Tim, who calls the meetings.

Frank
May 8th, 2020, 09:59 AM

YES! We have a Zoom Meeting tonight- Philly Pen Collectors Group!
Coordinator need to create a Zoom "Room" (Create Account- get a Zoom ID), then create event- share ID and Passcode

Frank

carlos.q
May 20th, 2020, 11:03 AM

YES! We have a Zoom Meeting tonight- Philly Pen Collectors Group!
Coordinator need to create a Zoom "Room" (Create Account- get a Zoom ID), then create event- share ID and Passcode

Frank

I had forgotten about this thread... Could you tell us about the experience of having a pen collector meeting using Zoom?

guyy
May 20th, 2020, 11:54 AM
I attended a meeting. It’s what you would expect: some people sitting around and talking pens. You can’t pass around pens, but you can show things.