PDA

View Full Version : Brand Focus Sub-forum suggestion

RayCornett
May 5th, 2020, 11:51 PM
I am surprised to not see a Mabie Todd section as of yet.

jar
May 6th, 2020, 06:11 AM
It's on the "maybe" list I think.

Chrissy
May 16th, 2020, 01:51 PM
It's on the "maybe" list I think.
That could be a long list. :(

RayCornett
May 17th, 2020, 02:42 PM
I am sure it is a long list. I eventually started a MT group on Facebook which currently has 195 members and seems to be going pretty well. So, I am sure a sub-forum here would be well received.

Farmboy
May 18th, 2020, 11:37 PM
Let’s see some content. Tag the title as in “Mabie Todd: title” and let’s see how busy it gets in the general forum.

Chrissy
May 18th, 2020, 11:40 PM
To be honest, even some of the current brand focus sub-forums don't get much traffic when you look at the numbers of threads and frequency of posts. :(

amk
May 19th, 2020, 02:42 AM
When we're looking at traffic right now, brand sub-forums don't seem terribly useful.

But when I encounter a new pen whether in the wild or at a pen show, and I want to know more about the brand, it's really useful to have a sub-forum where I can go to find all the relevant info. Doing a search will turn up results like the 'what's in the post' thread which aren't really focused on what I want to know.

The question is whether this forum is most relevant as a day-to-day place to chat, or a long-term resource for fountain pen lovers? - hopefully both!

Deb
May 19th, 2020, 05:36 AM
There is nobody more enthusiastic about Mabie Todd than me but even I doubt that there would be much activity in such a sub-forum. The brand doesn't get mentioned often.

FredRydr
May 19th, 2020, 06:40 AM
https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pamwoldow.com%2Ffiles%2F2013%2 F05%2Felephant-in-the-room1.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

And just who is supposed to accomplish this?

carlos.q
May 19th, 2020, 06:54 AM
This brings me to a suggestion: maybe someone could talk to the site's owner and convince him that he should name two or three administrators to voluntarily run the day to day operations of this ship.