PDA

View Full Version : My Thanks to Ron Zorn at Main Street Pens for Repairing my Skyline

sgphoto
May 12th, 2020, 03:25 PM
Ron took my mother's 1946 Eversharp Skyline with severe nib damage (probably caused by me about 1960) and restored the nib and pen marvelously.

Many thanks, Ron. For the first time in 60 years, the pen writes fantastically with Waterman Serenity Blue and looks so nice. It brings me joy as no other pen can do.

I'm happy to recommend Ron at Main Street Pens for repair.

Cheers,
Sg

Chrissy
May 13th, 2020, 08:01 AM

Cheers,
Sg
"El Zorno" has always been very highly recommended by many of us who have experienced one of his excellent repairs. :)

Fermata
May 13th, 2020, 08:43 AM

Cheers,
Sg
"El Zorno" has always been very highly recommended by many of us who have experienced one of his excellent repairs. :)

Hi Chrissy

I am always concerned about Customs Duty and Royal Mail charges etc for repaired pens that come back into the UK. Do you know how it works by any chance?

For example if you send a pen to the US for work how does the UK Customs know that the pen is not a purchase and charges accordingly.

Chrissy
May 13th, 2020, 09:01 AM

Cheers,
Sg

Hi Chrissy

I am always concerned about Customs Duty and Royal Mail charges etc for repaired pens that come back into the UK. Do you know how it works by any chance?

For example if you send a pen to the US for work how does the UK Customs know that the pen is not a purchase and charges accordingly.
It would come back marked as a "repair service" and VAT would still apply as it does on services here.
I was fortunate enough to be able to send my repairs to Ron well before a trip to the US, and he returned them to my temporary address while I was there. It was a plan that came together at the time.