PDA

View Full Version : Parker English Duofold Green Mini Collection (work in Progress)

top pen
May 13th, 2020, 03:57 AM
I've always liked the English Duofolds. A few months back I decided to try and form a complete collection. This is what I currently have.

Pencil, Lady, Slimfold, Demi, Senior, Maxima.

I've focussed more on the getting the 2 larger pens as they don't come up as often. I'm currently missing a Junior, (standard) Duofold and a fat banded Pencil. I'm not too fussed about the late versions i.e. the ones with the 45 style clips. I may try and add the Super 17 as it's often referred to as a Duofold as well.

If anyone spots any nice examples of the pens I'm missing I would be grateful for the heads up.

amk
May 13th, 2020, 05:12 AM
Nice collection. Green isn't the commonest colour! In fact it's the one colour of Slimfold I've never managed to find.

INeedAFinancialAdvisor
May 13th, 2020, 05:43 AM
this is really neat!

nice pens :)

carlos.q
May 13th, 2020, 06:14 AM
This is a really nice and focused collection! Could you comment about the nibs? From what little I have read about these pens the nibs come in different sizes (5, 10, 25, 35) and have varying degrees of flexibility. Could you tell us about your experience?

guyy
May 13th, 2020, 07:00 AM
Carlos, in my experience the nibs are a little soft, a bit like the German nibs that were coming out at around the same time.

usk15
May 13th, 2020, 07:24 AM
I got a green Maxima myself, impressive color. It is loaded with Diamine Sherwood Green:

https://i.postimg.cc/x8WLdgcj/IMG-20200423-110242438-HDR-1.jpg (https://postimg.cc/2L71cQQg)

The nibs are soft, but I wouldn't call them flex...

top pen
May 13th, 2020, 08:32 AM
This is a really nice and focused collection! Could you comment about the nibs? From what little I have read about these pens the nibs come in different sizes (5, 10, 25, 35) and have varying degrees of flexibility. Could you tell us about your experience?

From my experience in general most of these pens have fairly rigid nibs except from the Slimfold. Around half of Slimfolds out there have what could be called a semi-flex nib. The larger nibs e.g. Senior and Maxima can yield a bit more due to there size but are really firm nibs.

From what I can remember,

5= Slimfold nib
10= Junior Duofold / Late Victory/ Standard Duofold / Demi
15= Standard / Demi
25= Standard / Demi
35=Senior
50= Maxima

It can get quite confusing as the sized medium sized ones come in a variety of nibs.

grainweevil
May 13th, 2020, 10:47 AM
Very nice focused collection. Not tempted to put a MkV Victory in there too?

top pen
May 13th, 2020, 12:23 PM
Very nice focused collection. Not tempted to put a MkV Victory in there too?

That's a good idea. I think I'll keep an eye out for one.

rbrummer
May 18th, 2020, 07:34 PM
Interesting - I had no idea there were multiple band varieties on English duofolds (beyond the thin single or double one). I had an early dark green one for a while and really liked how it wrong but it left me in a trade for something I wanted more...

da vinci
May 19th, 2020, 12:31 AM
Great focus for a mini collection, good hunting on the remaining pens!