PDA

View Full Version : Is Aurora's 18K alloy pinkish, or did I mistakenly receive a rose gold nib?

Ahriman4891
May 18th, 2020, 07:56 PM
Hello,

Recently got an Aurora with an 18K nib. The pen's trim is yellow, the nib is supposed to match. To my eye, it's pinkish, which is the opposite of what I'd expect (higher gold content should make the alloy yellower, in theory). Confirmed by holding it next to another Aurora with a yellow gold nib (14K), and holding both to next to my wife's ring which has white, yellow, and rose gold bands.

To be honest, the mismatch bothers me a bit. If that's just the way it's supposed to be, then I'll live with it -- but if it can be fixed, i.e. the seller installed a rose gold nib by mistake, I will probably contact them.

Could folks with 18K yellow gold Aurora nibs help me out? What color are your nibs?

Thanks!

The attached photos tone down the difference quite a bit -- the one where I'm holding the pen is closest to real life on my monitor.

Chrissy
May 18th, 2020, 11:28 PM
Aurora gold nibs are available as rose gold, yellow gold or white gold. It sounds like you might have a rose gold nib on a pen with yellow gold trim. However, it's not very easy to see the difference in the pictures.
If you just bought it then you should be able to return it to the seller.

Ahriman4891
May 19th, 2020, 06:02 PM
Yes, I'll likely ask them for a return/exchange. Thanks, Chrissy.