PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Massachusetts

Roe D Hym
May 21st, 2020, 05:49 PM
Greetings. I am a new member but long time fountain pen user albeit pens costing less than $50. Over the past few months I have been more focused on pens so I would imagine I am now addicted and will likely bump up the price ceiling. My avatar depicts my long time addiction--automatic watches. The avatar is a Rolex 5517 Milsub. I wish I could say I own one but I do not. It still makes a great avatar. I do own several automatic watches, Swiss Made (ETA) and Japanese and USA made Miyotas.

Now to pens. I tried to upload photos from my laptop and the only access to insert a picture was via URL. I prefer an upload from my computer so if anyone can give me pointers I would be most appreciative. Thanks.

TSherbs
May 21st, 2020, 06:00 PM
Welcome from Maine.

You might have to wait until you have made more posts. I'm not sure what the uploading rules are. I've been here a while, but I don't upload many pics, so every time I have to learn how to do it all over again...

jar
May 21st, 2020, 06:16 PM
Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. TTBOMK there is no way to upload images from your computer.

Anne
May 21st, 2020, 07:37 PM
Welcome:)
You can try to upload photos by using the "go advanced" tab and choose Attachments. It should give you a chance to choose
photos from your computer.

azkid
May 21st, 2020, 07:41 PM
Welcome!

VertOlive
May 22nd, 2020, 10:21 PM
Greetings and welcome from the sunny beaches of Padre Island!

Wahl
May 24th, 2020, 10:35 AM
:welcome:

Morgaine
May 25th, 2020, 07:39 AM
Hello and welcome

Roe D Hym
May 25th, 2020, 09:35 AM
I gave it another try in the "Go Advanced" mode and only have URL mode to upload. I tried to copy and paste but that was a no-go. Who might be a moderator I can contact who might be able to assist? Thanks.

aherman
May 26th, 2020, 06:39 PM
Hi there! I am new here too!

Roe D Hym
May 27th, 2020, 05:25 AM
Dang, I gotta deal with Photobucket. Oh well. A test run from photobucket and no luck.

azkid
May 27th, 2020, 08:52 AM
Dang, I gotta deal with Photobucket. Oh well. A test run from photobucket and no luck.

From the post/reply screen, click "manage attachments" button at the bottom.

A popup window appears. In the upper right of that window, click "Add Files" button. Then click "Choose" button.

Select the image file you want to attach. Then click "Upload" button.

Now select attachment and click "Insert Inline" button and it will show up in your post with the ATTACH tags. Click "Done"

Roe D Hym
May 28th, 2020, 04:26 AM

Test run of a photo of K2 I have at work. Will have to take a photo of pens and pen holder I made in the next couple of days.

MAJOR BIG THANKS TO AZKID

azkid
May 28th, 2020, 09:09 AM
Sweet! Looking forward to your pics :)

countrydirt
May 28th, 2020, 09:51 AM
Welcome! I only upload pictures using the Tapatalk app.

Chrissy
June 20th, 2020, 02:40 PM
Welcome :)

You can also find many useful facts about forum usage, settings and reading & posting etc when you click on the FAQ tab along the black bar below the large FPG header. :)
Each one of the separate three categories comes up with explanations of many helpful features.

Xyrium
June 22nd, 2020, 04:13 PM
Wow, welcome aboard, from another newb! I'm in NJ and also have a "pen"chant for timepieces! Such addictions seem to go hand in hand! My fav would be almost anything from Lange & Sohne, but I do love the Swiss as well!

Chemyst
June 23rd, 2020, 02:05 AM
Warm wishes from the Southshore!

Bisquitlips
July 16th, 2020, 11:02 AM
Welcome!!! :welcome: