PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Pelikan hubs cancelled

catbert
May 26th, 2020, 05:21 AM
Announcement: https://www.pelikan-hubs.com

carlos.q
May 26th, 2020, 07:18 AM
This is sad news. I never had the opportunity to attend one of these hubs, but I enjoyed these meets vicariously through the information and pictures put out by some who did.

Maybe this could be Pelikan's opportunity to host a worldwide Zoom Pelikan hub. As I've said before, a virtual meet may not be as nice as the "real" thing but it's way nicer than nothing. And we are looking at a whole lot of nothing until there is a vaccine.

Chrissy
May 26th, 2020, 07:53 AM
I received an email confirming they were all cancelled. :(

AzJon
May 26th, 2020, 12:50 PM
Bummer.

I agree though, there should be some kind of live event for everyone.

I had a blast at the one in AZ last year. It would be cool if Pelikan maybe did a video of their facility and production, announced new products, and maybe allowed people to sign up through their local hubs to pick up/get shipped the goodie-bags they have set up.

amk
May 27th, 2020, 01:38 AM
Yes, it would be lovely if Pelikan used the Hub time to create some excitement in the virtual world.

I'm sad there will be no Hub, but I can understand why they've made this decision.

kaliuzhkin
June 19th, 2020, 04:16 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a Pelikan Hub?

Chrissy
June 20th, 2020, 12:10 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a Pelikan Hub?
Meetings of fountain pen and ink fans all over the World sponsored by Pelikan and arranged by local "hub masters." Pelikan Hubs 2019 (http://www.pelikan-hubs.com/archive/2019.php)
Or check the link in the original post for other archives.

BlkWhiteFilmPix
June 22nd, 2020, 01:42 PM
Great idea - why not reply to the email canceling them with a request that they do a Zoom?

The answer to the unasked question will always be "no."

Ray-VIgo
June 22nd, 2020, 02:18 PM
Was considering signing up for one, but I think cancellation is the wise move. You're talking a close, dense gathering of people indoors, many handling the same small objects that you're not going to want to wipe down with harsh cleaners. Just too many risk points, I guess. Maybe next year.